Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auction sale today and a new Stihl 170 without the case sold for over $300 before buyers premium and taxes. Guess this should be in then WTF thread.
Bought some stuff but only wood thing was I bought another bucket truck bucket, sooner or later I will just buy the whole truck. I bought a20x20 party tent to put firewood in but my wife has already claimed it for parties, knew I should have bought them both. I'll likely fill it with my wood crates next fall anyway.
View attachment 569746
LOL shame on you ! you should have told the wife it was cheap because it was a "meth-shed" .... a shed to use to your "wood storage-meth-od", sure she wood not have claimed it! LOL

No scrounging but got to run a nice 262 and a ported 036. Beautiful day here.
TIME FOR A SUN BURN TAN, splitting oak , spreading black dirt around the snow plow scrapes and a new boarder around the wifes flower bed tomorrow.... nice temps sure does make for a fishing trip wanna be? lol

Wowser, that is cherry in your pics. Lots of good looking wood there and it's finally drying up too. You better get to work cause they are going to be itchy to get working up that field soon. My buddy is hauling logs from Auburn and dumping it at my place, he hasn't got enough room at his place and he won't be able to get to the bush once they get crops in so he's hauling logs as fast as he can. He got some nice loads home today and I wasted the day at an auction. When I was young we used to ride our dirt bikes down Halls Hills and there was a black cherry tree that we always stopped at, I'm betting it's not far from the trees you are cutting. It was just south of the pond that is right near the road. My brother and a bunch of his friends hit a tree at the top of the same hill. I'm sure that George remembers the accident, there was 8 local kids in the pick up truck. It was the day before my wedding in July of 1983.

Wowser, that is cherry in your pics. Lots of good looking wood there and it's finally drying up too. You better get to work cause they are going to be itchy to get working up that field soon. My buddy is hauling logs from Auburn and dumping it at my place, he hasn't got enough room at his place and he won't be able to get to the bush once they get crops in so he's hauling logs as fast as he can. He got some nice loads home today and I wasted the day at an auction. When I was young we used to ride our dirt bikes down Halls Hills and there was a black cherry tree that we always stopped at, I'm betting it's not far from the trees you are cutting. It was just south of the pond that is right near the road. My brother and a bunch of his friends hit a tree at the top of the same hill. I'm sure that George remembers the accident, there was 8 local kids in the pick up truck. It was the day before my wedding in July of 1983.

Yeah that's the field we are in cutting with the pond. What's your buddy hauling the logs with truck and dump trailer?
She's quite the road I went to leave the field one time and some guy came down there doing probably a good 80 km. Good thing I waited a bit to leave

Green chev and a blue dump trailer. He's legal so he'll be hauling down the Dungannon Road and turning onto Zion to my place. Nobody takes Halls Hills unless they are awake.

You guys get a lot of MTO traffic that way?

Yeah no doubt I couldn't imagine trying to get a combine down there or a decent size planter.

They are around once in awhile but usually don't bother personal trucks and trailers. I've been wheeled several times in my lettered truck and gotten off lucky a few times. MTO has been pretty steady working the Wingham corner for trailers since last fall. Anything with a name on it is getting pulled and gone over by a mechanic and getting tickets. Personal guys are getting pulled over if they look sketchy but few are getting ticketed and a few are taking the trailers off the road if they look real bad.

w0WmHdtIydRvG-mSqLi-XDtUetE1impT7FADp2VxP0TtwylxbZ5GVY3vc0r7FQAQznj9lyxTCXTIGBVnGVOY5rkxtX-Qw0rGPyd3DYZ5OvkGGHtSQiPauFH60iAJHBEEX--HjIro8ilZGYukzCIDireF54v2mR8Uo4oc0wsBw4OAE5-_DbFwOmGJ4RrlbQ-xcwo-B8a1GpJEEM5wEjtEH5qG6vPLzkDPK1hEc70hOGnpj_fzBEfj_v2aAblkJQrqCNyWKS3x2wvezeoyXskWuwZS6-ck4xM_Xcn5cS5ZGFsFKNOVzO6c_4JjzOvcC-kFcKwCJZjBA6v4nQJh-WuKL8PhCV0olmU56tPEVxXUVRiEEEcQgQ_02XiDOyFoQD2lW70spfgDdNbe5l1nsgzErSbNtHSIjDmUzqDcBrjlvd2dYydTaMp8jioi3f_s5Bf_TW8TvEyu7QsRiHyxZEGiORxRyTAMIJetV0Dl5TAS7SshHqjG1HFbik1TbrW8i5ndJHygxlLH0gnLCvJtnZd4T408h6eXmLnKyYAA-ZZ-3K7F-KHzsO55UKKOd6jPGiopt3iKypJ6_M-LsPpfan4-Cxz_jEKSVFxJhXWCZERAY8r-eSfEwQ4kpA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

I'm ready for 30 days of 30's , plenty of spruce in the rack yet lol

Latest posts

Back