Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon, I wouldn't leave you hangin'...

View attachment 626390

Happy now?
My Dad used to do the tree work at the Canadian Embassy in DC and I never saw those gals there. They always gave him a couple bottles of CC and Canadian Mist. He thought it was cool that the bottles didn't have tax stamps, Joe.

WTF.....You bunch are a worry, I had to click ‘like’ on the CC girls to get the ‘like’ count above the KFC girls like count.
You should see some of the early pages of the WTF pics thread. KFC girl is nothing. There's things in that thread I'll never unsee.

delivering some wood today cut into scrounging but........ found this standing dead white oak and it called my name.:innocent: the log doesn't look that big behind the tractor but guessing about 30 feet. nice and dry for an oak. i'll check it with the MM tomorrow to see how dry. just one bucket cut today.
20180118_120417.jpg 20180118_160524.jpg

Hillbilly Brainiacs: Two questions..

1) Does somebody make a smaller EPA stove than the Century S244? The closets in the bedrooms of my house are double wide doorway closets with 2 sliding doors. I could easily put up some metal flashing, a hearth pad and flue and turn the closet into a tiny fireplace but the S244 is a tad big for the tiny bedroom I actually use as a bedroom. It would also need to have an outside air capable hookup, and preferably all the air circuits in the stove be fed by that hookup, and also have the draft control actually control all the air. On the NC30, the boost air(doghouse) is unregulated and also not fed by the OAK hookup, and niether is the secondary air circuit. Theres an option on the S244 for OAK but the primary air is not fed from that, just the secondaries, and when you close the draft, it doesn't cut it all off, and it doesn't control the secondaries at all.

2) I throw alot of heat out in the ash pile in the yard when I clean out the nc30. I need a "coal box." Something fairly deep. Fairly large. And since it doesn't actually burn wood, I wouldn't need brick in it, and I wouldn't need a 6" flue. I could probably get away with 4" "B" vent, or even 3". Just something to suck the heat off the coals so I'm not throwing all the heat out of the house. Right now I don't use my furnace or my fireplace so I have 2 spare flues in the existing masonry chimney. The fireplace flue is huge, but I could run any metal pipe I wanted down the flue and connect to a "coal box" in the fireplace. I even have an old Fisher Mama Bear, a Fisher Baby Bear, and a single door 3-vent Huntsman I could use as a box. However, it would be better if I had some kind of box that had a big ash drawer on the bottom and a shaker grate inside so I could shake the coals down. Isn't that the way the old coal stoves were? Does anybody make anything like that?

delivering some wood today cut into scrounging but........ found this standing dead white oak and it called my name.:innocent: the log doesn't look that big behind the tractor but guessing about 30 feet. nice and dry for an oak. i'll check it with the MM tomorrow to see how dry. just one bucket cut today.
View attachment 626547 View attachment 626548
That saw looks better with the smaller bar back on it.

Yea, I needed to make something that would fit on the trailer with the ATV and was easily maneuverable. It works well. Mostly slides right under the ATV.
Nice! Looks like a slick rig, I wish mine was more compact like yours at times. My hauler can be tippy at times.

Latest posts

Back