Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Mike, is your Ruger American the standard? I see they offer the predator version and it accepts "AR style" magazines.....

Really thinking about that or a Model 92 in 357/38 is going to be my birthday present to myself. I'm also going to need my 6.5 dies back. Going to pull the trigger on the RCBS toys

Well I got my project 55 Husky running tonight. I forgot the muffler somewhere at the cabin so I only fired it up and immediately shut her down to make sure it ran. Will look for the muffler next weekend. Was nice to hear it fire up quickly after it had been apart, then partially reassembled in early December, then moved to our new house.

With base gasket delete and cleaned up cylinder, when I hold it by the pull cord it pulls down once then just sits there. Squish was still .030 after the gasket delete, so it must have really been wide before.

Why didn't anybody tell me to get oil at Rural King? Every kind of oil is cheaper there than everywhere else. Engine, hydraulic, b&c....Around here b&c oil is $11/gal EXCEPT Rural King. They got it for $5/gal. I bought a case of 3 for $16.xx out the door. At autozone they want TWENTY EIGHT dollars for a 5qt jug of engine oil. I got a five gallon bucket for $40 at Rural King. They got "carpenter" jeans there for like $12/pair and they actually have a warranty!!?? The guy said if you wear holes in their RK house brand jeans they replace them! I see lotsa dollars falling out of my wallet in the future

Why didn't anybody tell me to get oil at Rural King? Every kind of oil is cheaper there than everywhere else. Engine, hydraulic, b&c....Around here b&c oil is $11/gal EXCEPT Rural King. They got it for $5/gal. I bought a case of 3 for $16.xx out the door. At autozone they want TWENTY EIGHT dollars for a 5qt jug of engine oil. I got a five gallon bucket for $40 at Rural King. They got "carpenter" jeans there for like $12/pair and they actually have a warranty!!?? The guy said if you wear holes in their RK house brand jeans they replace them! I see lotsa dollars falling out of my wallet in the future

None around here so I popped on there website. You can get a black diamond 25 ton splitter for $703. Same exact splitter at our farm store is $899.

Well I got my project 55 Husky running tonight. I forgot the muffler somewhere at the cabin so I only fired it up and immediately shut her down to make sure it ran. Will look for the muffler next weekend. Was nice to hear it fire up quickly after it had been apart, then partially reassembled in early December, then moved to our new house.

With base gasket delete and cleaned up cylinder, when I hold it by the pull cord it pulls down once then just sits there. Squish was still .030 after the gasket delete, so it must have really been wide before.
Did you check squish before the delete? I need to find time to put my 55 together. On a side note Del said the 590 wouldn't touch solder with the gasket out. After machine work it was at .014 took .006 off the edge of the piston to get .020.

You need to come to our GTG and stuff on March 30-31 in Carthage MO

I've I've been eyeballing that, I assumed it was a surprise birthday party for me (22nd) if not, still sound's good!
I'll mark it on the calendar and see how it plays out (I'll be there with bells on)
No Dolmar discrimination generally is there...
Plus it could be my opportunity see what all them fancy ported saws are all about!
In all seriousness,Thanks for asking! Matt

I've I've been eyeballing that, I assumed it was a surprise birthday party for me (22nd) if not, still sound's good!
I'll mark it on the calendar and see how it plays out (I'll be there with bells on)
No Dolmar discrimination generally is there...
Plus it could be my opportunity see what all them fancy ported saws are all about!
In all seriousness,Thanks for asking! Matt

There will be plenty of Dolmar fans there, including the host. Hope to see you there.

Did you check squish before the delete? I need to find time to put my 55 together. On a side note Del said the 590 wouldn't touch solder with the gasket out. After machine work it was at .014 took .006 off the edge of the piston to get .020.
No I hadn't. I just put it together and tested with no gasket, but was surprised to see it that large. That and the ring gap was .016 but since this is a budget rebuild I wasn't concerned.

Latest posts

Back