Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my hauler...with a mismatched door, big dent behind the driver's door, on the 3rd tailgate. #2 was so dished in I couldn't close it anymore. Bed so dished you could almost take a bath. Color? I think it was originally red.
I was going to ask if that was the one you put a clutch in a while back?

I ended up with SEVEN dump trailer loads from the tree crew today. While I was eating breakfast at Waffle House trees were delivering themselves to my house. :D Then I went over to the big oak pile and cubed up two 18" thick ends off of one of the big oaks. While trees were delivering themselves to my house. :D I will have to climb on my roof to get a pic of this pile of popsicle sticks. Got home too late. I might be able to do it tomorow but we are supposed to have ice/freezing rain move in tonight so not sure. Stay tuned Cowboy....

I was going to ask if that was the one you put a clutch in a while back?

Yep, that's the one. I think I scared it. I started looking at a good runner in used trucks and all it's problems sorted themselves out. Cruise was pretty well shot. Set it an it would "lope", speed up/cut out/speed up/ It now works better than it did when I bought it. New clutch was so grabby it was a pain to get moving, it has worn itself in and is now smooth.

Powers out. Still got music on the battery powered craftsman radio. Still got plenty of light from candles I keep all over the house. Still got heat cuz WOOD. Gonna be some cold grid-goers tonight. :D

I have one of those 'Atomic beam' pop-up lanterns. It worked really well setting on my dining room table during my last outage. Also have one of the 'work lights' with a hook on it. I hooked dthat to my T-shirt for wandering around the house.

Woke up to snow again here in London, it's only supposed to last 2 or 3 days at most though this time. Grrrrr. Spring was starting, daffodils are out, cherry blossom.... And it was warm in the sunshine yesterday. I'm so ready for spring! Mainly because I'm basically out of dry wood.

You are on a good score (or two!) Woodchip! I'm lucky enough to get all my wood from a tree guy so already felled and cut to short lengths, so my cutting is minimal, but self delivered too! Do you think you could persuade it to split and stack itself too?

Woke up to snow again here in London, it's only supposed to last 2 or 3 days at most though this time. Grrrrr. Spring was starting, daffodils are out, cherry blossom.... And it was warm in the sunshine yesterday. I'm so ready for spring!
Me too. I've got so much outdoor stuff to do and it's been in the mid 30's with 30MPH winds. Not cold but not comfortable either. Typical Maryland weather, it will go from nasty cold to nasty hot in a week. Then I'll have to start mowing my lawns.

Walmart carries the fiskars super split. Same axe with a different handle mine has held up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lowe's has the super split I'll pick one up. I swung Steve's a few times and liked it. I' starting to split smaller stuff by hand as it' faster then using the hydro splitter and good exercise.

Back