Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600+ bottle fed cubic inches will make just about anything fast :lol:.
The guy that built my last motor had a talon with a huge turbo and with only one nozzle it would stick the boost gauge at 45psi. That was my first experience in an all wheel drive car :surprised3:.

The guy that built my last motor had a talon with a huge turbo and with only one nozzle it would stick the boost gauge 45psi. That was my first experience in an all wheel drive car :surprised3:.

There just like anything else. How fast do you want to spend. A hard launch in an AWD car is something every car guy should experience.

There just like anything else. How fast do you want to spend. A hard launch in an AWD car is something every car guy should experience.

That's fast!
That talon would pull his 10 second Camaro out of the hole by 6 car lengths, it sucked your eyeballs in pretty hard for a car, my bikes would still take it though, and sleds are crazy out of the hole too.

I went to the strip a few times with my Chevelle. Ran mid 12’s while being granny shifted and no traction. Would definitely have run 11’s with a good transmission and slicks.

Some of the sleeper vehicles were the best. One of the fastest runs I ever personally saw was a hot pink S-10 blazer that would run high 8’s to low 9’s.

I like that way of removing them too :rock:. The bummer is many times it's not an option, the last one I was going to help a buddy remove was right next to a house and it was still green so I'm sure it wouldn't have burned that well and if it did his house would have burnt as well. The good thing is we did a bunch of other trees at that house and then he flipped it for about 40k profit :envy:.
Do those wild roses create lots of problems.

You bet they are on the invasive species list. Hard to get rid of them and they spread like wild fire. ONly for a week or so they look nice . They climb up trees and make clearing fun .

I'll run premium in all my saws , no ethanol here but might be in regular .
I run at 40:1 just because in all my saws .
My Mtronic 241 doesn't care .

I just went to Husqvarna pre mixed fuel and my husky 257 and my newer smaller 450 love it. I was running with 91 with stabil before. I had tried 87 when I ran out of fuel but the 257 had less power. The 257 calls for 40-1 but I am using the 50-1.

Yeah buddy:happy:

I ran an Edge tuner on my 02 Duramax for years, the extra power was great and it surprised people to see a 3/4 ton truck stomp em.:surprised3::surprised3:

That's fast!
That talon would pull his 10 second Camaro out of the hole by 6 car lengths, it sucked your eyeballs in pretty hard for a car, my bikes would still take it though, and sleds are crazy out of the hole too.

I've only been really crap your pants scared a few times. One was on a 400 hp sled running down the grass strip and the other was on a turbo'ed Busa we built.

I've only been really crap your pants scared a few times. One was on a 400 hp sled running down the grass strip and the other was on a turbo'ed Busa we built.
Either one would do it :surprised3:.
My little 750 GSXR's were fast enough for the street.
I had a 1000 motor that's 165 from the factory, I sold it to a guy for a 6/10 conversion on his 03 gixxer, he went 10.4 his first pass at the strip, that was also his first time on a 1/4 mile :rock:(small print, he had a good amount of street racing experience).
I still have a few of them, waiting until I get a barn built, then they will come out of the basement.
What really scared me was being passenger in a 15' boat with a 125 on it heading towards the shore, I thought for sure we were going right up on the beach, that thing slows down real fast, I still don't like boats :nofunny:.

It’s funny to take non car people for a ride in a fast car, even a 14 second car will change their perspective of what fast is.

We used to take people out in my 5.0 mustang and run it up to 30 mph in 1st gear and then drop the hammer.

Or one time we found some old bias ply tires and put them on my Chevelle. Took my friend and his girlfriend for a ride. No seat belts in the back seat ;). Pulled rubber in all 4 gears and was going sideways at about 85 before I let off the gas. She was white as a sheet after being tossed around the back seat :laughing:

It’s funny to take non car people for a ride in a fast car, even a 14 second car will change their perspective of what fast is.

We used to take people out in my 5.0 mustang and run it up to 30 mph in 1st gear and then drop the hammer.

Or one time we found some old bias ply tires and put them on my Chevelle. Took my friend and his girlfriend for a ride. No seat belts in the back seat ;). Pulled rubber in all 4 gears and was going sideways at about 85 before I let off the gas. She was white as a sheet after being tossed around the back seat :laughing:
The last time I took someones car out for a shakedown ride(she had a vibration in the tires) I buzzed it up to 100 to show her it was just out of balance tires, should have seen her face when she looked at the speedo :numberone:. What makes it all the more funny is she wouldn't even drive in the hyway before because she was afraid of it, that and the fact that it was a 97 Honda Odyssey, go Honda :rock:.

You bet they are on the invasive species list. Hard to get rid of them and they spread like wild fire. ONly for a week or so they look nice . They climb up trees and make clearing fun .

I just went to Husqvarna pre mixed fuel and my husky 257 and my newer smaller 450 love it. I was running with 91 with stabil before. I had tried 87 when I ran out of fuel but the 257 had less power. The 257 calls for 40-1 but I am using the 50-1.

I ran an Edge tuner on my 02 Duramax for years, the extra power was great and it surprised people to see a 3/4 ton truck stomp em.:surprised3::surprised3:
Not sure they are on the invasive list here, but they will mess some stuff up for sure. I've been cleaning up around the property here the last week and I think box elder should be on the invasive list, they are like a dang weed.
I had a tuner on my 99 f350 with a 7.3, what amazed me the most is how hard we worked to get 50-100hp and all I had to do on that was plug it in and answer a couple questions with yes or no.

Not sure they are on the invasive list here, but they will mess some stuff up for sure. I've been cleaning up around the property here the last week and I think box elder should be on the invasive list, they are like a dang weed.
I had a tuner on my 99 f350 with a 7.3, what amazed me the most is how hard we worked to get 50-100hp and all I had to do on that was plug it in and answer a couple questions with yes or no.

Is this what you mean when you say every car guy should experience an all wheel drive launch. Four Buick 425 nail heads?
10.%20FED1961%20%20Buick%20Showboats.jpg

Those Allison transmissions are impressive, even in stock form. We did a PPE tuner, 4" exhaust and an aftermarket mouthpiece for the turbo on dad's 05, you know, for the mileage gain.

Either one would do it :surprised3:.
My little 750 GSXR's were fast enough for the street.
I had a 1000 motor that's 165 from the factory, I sold it to a guy for a 6/10 conversion on his 03 gixxer, he went 10.4 his first pass at the strip, that was also his first time on a 1/4 mile :rock:(small print, he had a good amount of street racing experience).
I still have a few of them, waiting until I get a barn built, then they will come out of the basement.
What really scared me was being passenger in a 15' boat with a 125 on it heading towards the shore, I thought for sure we were going right up on the beach, that thing slows down real fast, I still don't like boats :nofunny:.

Last time my 10R was on the dyno it hit 163 at the rear wheel, with gobs of torque too. Ton of fun on something that weighs under 440 pounds but too much for the street. New bikes have more hp, but it's clear up top and they seem to sacrifice the power down low. I could break the rear loose at only 5 grand in first gear on a cold tire.

I'm in as long as theres a nice chunk of lexan on the front of that cockpit, something goes that could leave a mark :yes:.
I'd be less worried about motor parts flying at my head, than transmission parts cuttin loose. Turn you from a bass to a soprano quick.:surprised3:

Latest posts

Back