Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 659686 After cleaning 10 years of crude off it the throttle works as it should. Time to get back to the homelite 360.

Ah, Homey 360! - my first new saw when I retired from the AF. I was surprised to discover that the day of the gear drive was over. That saw ate the electrode off the spark plug. Beat the p** out of the piston and cylinder.

Ah, Homey 360! - my first new saw when I retired from the AF. I was surprised to discover that the day of the gear drive was over. That saw ate the electrode off the spark plug. Beat the p** out of the piston and cylinder.
20180529_100055.jpg it's in pretty good shape. I think the run stop switch is the priblem.

View attachment 659828 it's in pretty good shape. I think the run stop switch is the priblem.
I wish I had of gotten a picture of you with the Super 1050 in your hands. I could see you turning to the RED side, your eyes were starting to turn red. Maybe, it was just all the 2 stroke in the air?

Made some kindling as I wait for the wife and kids to get home. I had brought home about a half pickup worth of Cedar about 5 years ago to use as kindling wood. Have maybe two rounds worth left after this. This should last me up to deer season.

View attachment 659761

Do you start using deer for kindling after that?

Do you start using deer for kindling after that?
Going to need to use wolf kindling. There’s nothing but wolf scat around these days. I heard the whole pack howling last night about a half mile back in the woods. Every time I drive into the cabin there’s crap on the road and it’s always full of deer hair.

Going to need to use wolf kindling. There’s nothing but wolf scat around these days. I heard the whole pack howling last night about a half mile back in the woods. Every time I drive into the cabin there’s crap on the road and it’s always full of deer hair.
Wolf scat kindling, it's got a nice ring to it, sounds like a great business to invest in lol.
I'd be looking to invest in something else though.
IMG_20180624_173203625.jpg

Wolf scat kindling, it's got a nice ring to it, sounds like a great business to invest in lol.
I'd be looking to invest in something else though.
View attachment 659879
Bass turds were howling no more than 1/2 mile away the last two nights.

A neighbor has game cameras all over the woods. Claims he knows there’s only two wolves out there. Well I heard at least 6 if not more howling last night. :chainsaw:

Bass turds were howling no more than 1/2 mile away the last two nights.

A neighbor has game cameras all over the woods. Claims he knows there’s only two wolves out there. Well I heard at least 6 if not more howling last night. :chainsaw:
If they were on my property they would be relocated ;).

Yeah I wish lol. At some point we’ll have a season again but they will run rampant until then.

We have lots of rolling hills back here which unfortunately are great for wolf dens.

They are fun to listen to. It appears the alpha male is separate because the pack goes nuts and then a big deep voice answers them from a little ways away. But when you know they are preying on the few remaining deer left around here it’s maddening.

All of the scat I’ve found is full of deer hair except for one that appeared to be beaver hair.

Yeah I wish lol. At some point we’ll have a season again but they will run rampant until then.

We have lots of rolling hills back here which unfortunately are great for wolf dens.

They are fun to listen to. It appears the alpha male is separate because the pack goes nuts and then a big deep voice answers them from a little ways away. But when you know they are preying on the few remaining deer left around here it’s maddening.

All of the scat I’ve found is full of deer hair except for one that appeared to be beaver hair.
I don't understand what "have a season" has to do with it, if you come on my property and are not invited it's open season :laugh:.

Lol

I think they can be shot if they are attacking livestock.

Coyotes can be killed any time of year.

This pack of wolves are smart. I’ve been deer hunting up here for 28 years and have never seen one. Heard them hundreds of times. Have jumped stuff after dark that definitely wasn’t a deer. My neighbor has been hunting here over 40 years and has seen one. I’ve caught them on the trail cam three times and twice were around 5 AM.

On the flip side I’ve hunted in other areas up here and have seen wolves the very first day I was in the woods.

Lol

I think they can be shot if they are attacking livestock.

Coyotes can be killed any time of year.
I hear you, and I'm pretty sure they look exactly like a coyote to the untrained eye :cool:.
Those rolling hills with dens would make a perfect resting place for them too, block the back door and fill with exhaust, nighty nite.
Some sore of weasel just bled out out like 30 of my neighbors chickens, I don't have any chickens, but if I happen to see anything I'd be happy to relocate the little son of a gun, to bad were not neighbors:cheers:.

The wolf management is really maddening. Big city bureaucrats spurred on by city dwelling nature lovers make laws with no common sense and no regard for other species.

Burgeoning wolf populations have made moose almost extinct and the deer population is probably 25 percent of what it should be. But every wolf must be protected and nobody seems to care about the plant eating inhabitants. It’s sort of like politics in general these days, certain groups are sacred and other are trash. So much for equality.

Latest posts

Back