Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had some “Craigslist laughs” photos to post but the cell service has gone down the toilet lately up here so I’ll do that in town.

Going to pick up some more trim boards later and hopefully finish that project this evening.

Then back to firewood. Still want to bring 8 cords home plus I owe 4 1/3 cords to one friend and a 1/2 cord to another.

sounds like you have your agenda well planned out there svk - wish I could help you... then we could hang out at the lake... :D

Sitting at my computer, next to the window . . . Hear a loud sound, like someone dismantling a wooden deck with a big hammer.
Look out and see a 10" diameter limb fall about 40 feet from a silver maple, onto my neighbors's garage, taking the power line out with it.Clear, sunny day. No wind. No obvious provocation Philbert

I know all about things like that! all I can say is, as for me, too, glad no one was under it!

I sanded it outside, but did the epoxy in the garage, as rain was predicted (and came a few hours later).

I'm pleased with the way it came out, especially considering I had to "un cup" the two outside boards.

A tip for anyone using the Ultra Clear Epoxy (I learned the hard way). Pour all of it on your wood as fast as you can.

When I was doing the legs, I made enough for both legs, did one and then tried to do the other, but the epoxy was hard already!

When you pour it on the wood table surface, you have more than twice as much time to work with it. Must be a chemical reaction when you leave it in the container.

I see why everyone wants one. nice! definitely National Park hardy! I like the simplicity of the design...

Chaps while splitting, and watching!!!

You guys remember CTYank? The guy that used to come around here who had all of the answers and hated anything splitting tool besides German splitting mauls and Council Tool products.

A bunch of guys were watching someone split with the Leveraxe at a GTG several years back, there was old John standing way too close, running his mouth about how the axe was crap and his stuff was better. Well he took a flying split right to the shin and from what I’m told, the rest of the crowd nearly died from trying to control their laughter.

It was my Nephew swinging the splitting Axe, and when John started to complain about getting hurt, I asked why he was not wearing proper safety gear, which helped with the crowd's response a bit.

I want this on my pickup somehow

29e84080be6cfc35992276a57a4bc2bf.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

an outdoor vise is nice. solidly portable given the need... even nicer. I modded up an outdoor mount for this small 3 1/2" vise of mine recently. post was there. in concrete. sometimes dust in the shop just wonlt work... lol. it is a fair weather only application... lol

PC030006.JPG

an outdoor vise is nice. solidly portable given the need... even nicer. I modded up an outdoor mount for this small 3 1/2" vise of mine recently. post was there. in concrete. sometimes dust in the shop just wonlt work... lol. it is a fair weather only application... lol

View attachment 746751
Why not mount it to a piece of 2x2 steel and make it slip into the receiver on the truck? Take it off when not needed...my one winch is this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why not mount it to a piece of 2x2 steel and make it slip into the receiver on the truck? Take it off when not needed...my one winch is this way. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

good idea! hadn't thot about that, but like the idea. I'll look into it... might make it in-place... I can run vertical and overhead! ;)

Broke out the old wood splitter today to get through the pile of knotty rounds that were left from my pine scrounge a while back. And when I say old I mean it's probably past it's 45th birthday. Took 10 pulls to get it going as I don't think I've used it in almost 2 years. It ain't pretty. It ain't powerful. But it does what I need it to do and the price was right.20190713_110302.jpg

Ran the 9010 yesterday, wife had paperwork to do at the church so no vid yet, still lots of big trunk so next week she can vid the saw running. I will say I only made about 10 cuts but it’s a monster. I had the 36” bar buried and it never slowed down. Went out this morning to load some of the rounds with the winch.
I’ll post a vid later of the winch in action.51C9D6B9-0666-4654-8B2D-7F49F350C179.jpeg5390C9DE-C1C5-45CA-BCF3-361784C6DCE9.jpegE9648F52-E1E1-4337-B2B1-26267CD1D1B1.jpeg

How well do you like that badlands winch. I think it is currently on sale for $299 and I have been thinking about getting one. Reading reviews, folks either love them or hate them. I suspect the haters are running them longer than duty cycle and burning them up.

me, too! I need a sitting bench, but it has to be portable. well, seat more so than a bench... ok, a mini-bench! lol

I don't have s stool to sit on...yet, but I did finally hang a 2 step step-stool on the side of the PU rack. Age needs some adjustments to do things.

Latest posts

Back