Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did good on that old saw Joe. I've had an interesting couple of weeks dealing with an auction company out of Washington State. I had high bid on a stump grinder and a wood chipper and due to US and Canadian dollars it was a shiit show. I got the grinder last Friday and finally got the chipper home today and they both work good. The owner here in Ontario insists that I still owe more money but I have a signed Bill of Sale and the chipper is sitting here. Our bank is still trying to sort out the wire transfer and the difference in the 2 currencies as we think we may have over paid on the exchange. The bad news is that I have high bid on 2 other pieces of equipment from the same guy and the Washington auction company and they close tomorrow morning. Bought this pile of scaffolding at a sale last night and was lucky enough to sell it for a profit and the guy picked it up at the sale, I didn't even have to touch it.
View attachment 747865 View attachment 747866 View attachment 747867
I buy $10-$15 saws at this sale almost every week. The thing that got me was this spring they started selling Liquor, in large quantities. I wondered how they did it with out a liquor license. When he got to the Rum, I found out. They don't sell the liquor, they sell the "Pretty collectors bottles". I like coconut rum, and my daughter is getting married in November, and we have to supply the booze. They should have plenty of Rum.

Went to scrounge up a little white oak I had left in the woods. Ran over this guy and almost had a really bad day! I could hear his rattle over my loud exhaust, shut off my atv looking for it. Then it puffed up and I left to get a rifle. Luckily he was still there when I returned with a 22, 5 shots made sure he stayed there. Not gonna lie, probably the most scared I’ve been.
7066eb697db5ef87204c2f4b4d44f217.jpg
666017514b6bb098073cf7dd5aabc2e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that stinks.
It seems less and less of the products today are serviceable, buy the whole assembly and replace it, it can add a lot to the cost on the consumers end.
The other thing is the wire insulation is now soybean based and not petroleum based, the critters think it's food.

I armored the wiring on my trailer because the jerks ate all the insulation off the wiring the one cold winter we had...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I drove a couple t-posts and started stacking the next cord, heat and humidity kicked my butt, I gave up. Supposed to go to upper 90’s tomorrow. Probably Monday before I get back to that big oak.
I worked on some boxelder brush on the hillside. Then conveniently got company for a while. Then I went back out and by the time I filled the saw the wind came up, hailed and dumped buckets of rain. Cooled off nice so I sat on the porch until the lightning got close enough to spook me inside.

Daughter popped in for some mail. New boy friends not impressing me. But at least he has a decent machine shop job and was able to get her hired there too.

Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for me. About 15 acres of "stuff" and a whole bunch of it I just have to have. Must be at least 10 anvils hidden here and there. A bunch of Huskys and a couple of Stihls ( I don't need either) A Norwood that I should stay away from and a pile of make work projects too.
20190719_141929.jpg 20190719_141221.jpg 20190719_140812.jpg

Attachments

• 20190719_143107.jpg
    20190719_143107.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for me. About 15 acres of "stuff" and a whole bunch of it I just have to have. Must be at least 10 anvils hidden here and there. A bunch of Huskys and a couple of Stihls ( I don't need either) A Norwood that I should stay away from and a pile of make work projects too.
View attachment 748244 View attachment 748245 View attachment 748249
Looks like a good one, bet there will be a good crowd for it too :cry:. How many auctioneers will there be.
That planer looks nice, you need that with your mill right(you probably already have one or two lol)!
If I were you I'd avoid the stihls and grab up a couple huskys, they'll probably go cheaper anyway :).

July 29 - August 4th. They fly over our place a lot.
That may work, my son would be bumming if I went with the girls while he was at camp lol.
Will there be a local fair or event of some sort to hang out at for a day up there, or is it just their annual shindig.

The other thing is the wire insulation is now soybean based and not petroleum based, the critters think it's food.

I armored the wiring on my trailer because the jerks ate all the insulation off the wiring the one cold winter we had...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I never knew that, doesn't sound to tasty to me :eek:.
I've noticed them eating the black gas caps on my gas cans, only on the gas cans from what I can tell, maybe its coincidental and they happen to be soy based. They have also eaten them on two small toro 2-stroke snow blowers that were on my front porch :nofunny:.
I got the engine all back together and installed and it's missing on the back cylinder(weak spark), that's the one right by the wires they chewed up. I don't think the wires in the picture are the problem though because the other coil gets power thru that one and its working, but they may have chewed thru another wire. Hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow, and I'm hoping it's not hard to find, it's hot out there :baba:.

Back