Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's it taste? Maybe replace my red gatorade and Advil cocktails...

I don't do the latter, but I like some g'ade added to a gallon of water. 32 oz or so. I hydrate often being in this area during summertime. fluids only all day long. an interesting note from Dr. Micheal Hunter... he does those tv shows... stars last hours autopsys... said that in and during hot weather... the heart pumps 2-4 times more blood throughout the system to keep us cool! if I eat, I cannot stay out. usually, I can stay out all day, but shade is a welcomed friend...

Yep, you'll find them in the Himalayan salts too.

salt is surely important... I remember as a kid... 8th grade or so being out at the air force SAC base my dad was stationed at... and down in the area of the flight line they had dispensers of salt tabs. free, no cost. use as needed. was next to the water fountain...

I use mustard too, pretty sure it's the turmeric in it. While the mustard does help and rather quick they're talking about prevention not treating the effects. It has many healing properties many in or current society know nothing about. You may find this tidbit interesting; many scholars believe that the gold the wise men brought to Jesus was actually Tumeric, they say at the time it was more expensive than the metal gold.

I have a spice bottle of it in the spice rack. not really too sure what is best way to use it. not even sure I have opened it... guess I should check. more valuable than gold! I definitely am going to ck it out... ;)

Heat is heat. I call the not so great stuff "weekend wood" - when I'm home during the day to keep feeding the stove.

lol, I see a lot of 'weekend wood'! falls constantly. sometimes fresh, but plenty well ages. I like kindling, kitchen wood... and I think I will add in the term... 'weekend wood' thanks... I use a lot of weekend wood in my almost daily campfires... actually, I prefer the stuff!

FYI, my Cran/Grap juice has both Sodium and Potassium and my OJ has Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium! So I guess the "cocktail" I make for my water bottles is on the right track!

My cocktail also probably tastes a lot better than a most of those other things too! (OJ, Cran/Grape, Water).

prob better than water! lol. but at times, water can be pretty darn good tasting!

:yes:

View attachment 757970 No scrounging today. Briskets.

I used some of my scrounged oak wood other day and smoked me up a 20#'r brisket, had to cut it in half. 12 hrs for the flat and 18 for the point. also did some ribs, too. now my larder is full! always a 3 day affair for me. just takes time... I make my own bbq sauce, too. its the only stuff I like! liked ur set up and brisket pix, well... smoker. :D

Texas style briskets and ribs. smoked with scrounged oak wood... 'weekend wood' lol
P2150034.JPG

Mmmmm.... black locust. That ought to be just about enough to top off the emergency stack of locust I have already. View attachment 758137
20190907_125445.jpg Black locust death trap. A friend ask me if I'd cut this down yesterday. NOPE but the logs off to the side will get added to the stack.

Did a little maintenance on the wood hauling trailer last night. Greased up the bearing buddies (they actually took several pumps to fill) and pulled out the lug bolts one at a time and reapplied anti-seize. Also re-lubed the three padlocks on the trailer.

The chunks of square bar on the ground are what punctured my trailer tire a few weeks back, they were a temporary fender repair that wasn’t removed when the fender was mounted permanently. I used the cutting wheel to remove them and the grinding wheel to smooth the inside of the fender.

B096E9B1-A1B2-4274-BAF3-B0AA36D4F46D.jpeg

These lugs were last lubed in May, amazing how rusty they got in the summer.
87D588DB-27BD-4227-A608-07F01478C0D5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back