Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad passed early Tuesday morning. It was faster then we expected. Translates to tons of unattended details. Actually had an appointment with the attorney for the same day to do all of the paperwork which turned into retaining him to handle probate. I feel there is a lesson there and will put my own affairs in order once this is wrapped.

The positive is most of the family had an opportunity to spend time with him and he went without suffering a long time.

Pretty sure his blood pressure just bottomed out and with Afib his heart just couldn't do it's job anymore

Right to the end he just wanted to get well enough to come home. It was heartbreaking in that regard. He is the first of his family of 8 to die and in the middle age wise at 75. He really didn't want or expect to be first.

Hopefully I can stop hemorrhaging cash soon and get some time in the woods after firearm deer season.

**** , sorry to hear , I'm tipping a glass to the west in his honor , may he enjoy the sunset and rest in peace .
What's his name so I can offer a toast ?

Dad passed early Tuesday morning. It was faster then we expected. Translates to tons of unattended details. Actually had an appointment with the attorney for the same day to do all of the paperwork which turned into retaining him to handle probate. I feel there is a lesson there and will put my own affairs in order once this is wrapped.

The positive is most of the family had an opportunity to spend time with him and he went without suffering a long time.

Pretty sure his blood pressure just bottomed out and with Afib his heart just couldn't do it's job anymore

Right to the end he just wanted to get well enough to come home. It was heartbreaking in that regard. He is the first of his family of 8 to die and in the middle age wise at 75. He really didn't want or expect to be first.

Hopefully I can stop hemorrhaging cash soon and get some time in the woods after firearm deer season.
Very sorry to hear. Will keep your family in our prayers

Sorry to hear Six. My condolences to your family

I’m not really MechanicMatt anymore, it’s ManagerMatt now. Salary and commission on if the department’s profitable. So I go in and make sure the place is ready to rock and roll for business. Can’t complain too much, new job came with a fairly large increase in pay. Wife got the house of her dreams and I got a bunch of toys. Was actually on the phone with an investment guy talking about putting money away just tonight. My plan is to retire from this job at 55, getting my ass chewed off everyday is a drain, I think after 5 years I only wanna do another 17 tops. Except on paydays, it’s a thankless job. I was all excited at first, figured I’d be able to pay my girls colleges and weddings with ease, figured I hit the lotto, but after a few years....... yeah the pays great but the whooping is pretty big too. My old man says “work hard, party hard” as in gotta make it worth the shot you put up with. Well, I try and have as much fun as possible, but when you go away on vacation and you still get 50 emails and 3 phone calls a day, is it vacation??

best one to date, Grandmas funeral starts at 11 two Fridays ago, 10:57 my boss ( the general manager of the dealership) calls cause one of my angry customers is in his office..... still kinda surprised I still got a job when I said the stuff I said..... My wife just looked amazed, she’s never heard stuff like that come out my mouth. His response “ you’re right, I’m sorry for bothering you with this, I’ll handle it”. Mutha Duckers!!!!

Thanks Steve, it’s a beast for sure. But being able to provide for my family the way I always dreamed of is unmeasurable. But the health and relationships are a very valid fear....

pic of the toy I got “the kids” last winter. It’s a riot to ride. I’m sure you mid west and Canucks know.....4AE16334-DED3-4C5B-A965-04B40A04B3ED.jpeg90413DE9-4768-474A-9FC4-BC606B92D93E.jpeg

I wasn’t management but an hourly line leader and the bosses dumped all the crap they didn’t want to deal with on you. 2 days after my cancer surgery the plant nurse calls me on my cell phone while I’m still in the hospital and asks me when she can schedule a back to work physical for me!!!! The bosses wanted me back as soon as possible. They almost flipped when my surgeon told them it would be 8 more weeks. Funny part, after he told them that not one phone call to see how I was doing.:surprised3:

Matt, as a guy who has been there, keep that job as long as you can while still keeping your sanity. If it’s getting to be too much ********, get out before your health and relationships falter!
Very good advice. I've watched jobs cause havoc with people's lives while they were blinded by the money. Save as much as you can, and remember to ask good friends and family whether they think your job is taking too much of a toll on your life and health. The key is keeping things in perspective and knowing when to get out. I've never seen anyone happier than the grumpy, overworked head of logistics for a trucking/moving company I used to work for when he finally had "FU money" and quit. Not sure he ever got to take a week off when his kids were young. Now he does jobs he wants to do, but only to help keep active and experience new things, he never needs to work again if he doesn't want to; think he was 50ish when he left.

Been there man. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss.
We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Sorry to read of your dad's passing. Hope things get easier in time

Back