Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did have a little misfire ...

A4qgv3D.jpg

But it gave me an opportunity to rehydrate :)
3201, great saw

I talked to the #2 mechanic, he said they have a light schedule this week so fingers crossed I can be running by Wednesday.
Did you find out who was at fault at the shop for axle (etc.) install? I've seen many piss poor shops not installing parts with proper torque, etc.

Did you find out who was at fault at the shop for axle (etc.) install? I've seen many piss poor shops not installing parts with proper torque, etc.
No, the shop is a good one. I mean both parts of the ball joint are in the suspension pieces so it isn't like it was left loose.

Truck made it to the shop today. As of right now the lady from insurance says my towing coverage paid the entire bill. So that’s good anyhow.

View attachment 796793
Hope they make it right for you and get ya back on the road soon.

Another load of red fir today..
View attachment 796801
Nice! Looks good. Don’t see the 550, waiting for the bar?

Went out for some fresh air and wood scouting, found several nice recently deceased red fir below the road, this one is close enough to get this spring without too much trouble I think FA753E38-F923-41DA-9A8E-3ACB07E908F3.jpegWent on up to summit to look at snow marker, 7 1/2 ft983F4072-3BEF-4565-8927-657ED5FB8778.jpegNice dayC774AD7A-E970-491D-A608-E0AA83DF9D00.jpeg

Nice! Looks good. Don’t see the 550, waiting for the bar?

Nice pics, Nate! Yeah the bar should be here Tuesday, so we'll get her back up and runnin' then. I was missing those heated handles today, was only 15° this morning.
If you look close you can see my cuttin' pard sitting in the warm cab listening to tunes!:D

Nice pics, Nate! Yeah the bar should be here Tuesday, so we'll get her back up and runnin' then. I was missing those heated handles today, was only 15° this morning.
If you look close you can see my cuttin' pard sitting in the warm cab listening to tunes!:D
Thanks!
Awesome! That bar will be nice. Yeah if I ever did much winter cutting I’d be gettin one with heat, sure sounds nice.
Your partner has it figured out;)

I bet some wood worker would cry if they saw all the black walnut I have in the rick. This is the back of one bay, which has some sugar maple and black walnut in the first two stacks. I love the smell of black walnut burning in the stove. It puts out some good BTUs as well.
I cleaned one up for my grandmother over the summer. Took a truck load to farmer Steve and the rest went to the mulching plant. It's just wood.

Latest posts

Back