Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the cooler temps I got some outside time today and split by hand for 3/4 of an hour, than ran the hydro for a half hour and got all my cut rounds split.

With the cooler weather, I was able to split Oak, Beech and Black Cherry (some good size rounds) all by hand. Just used the hydro cause I was running out of time. Had to take the wife out for VD!

Had Fillet Mignon, was great!!!

So, what was the highlight of VD? The firewood, the fillet mignon or … ?

Asking for a friend.

@MechanicMatt What was the verdict on the 62? Air leak?

Been so swamped at work I didn't make the 9 o'clock news last night before I crashed and had zero chance of enjoying VD. The economy is cruising. Buyer confidence is through the roof and people are spending it.

Took me 45 minutes to catch up on this thread. I didn't get a chance to like every post cause my finger hurts but here's my verbal like for ya'll!

Well more vehicle troubles. Stuck at my aunt’s house as my truck died Thursday morning. I putzed for quite a while but wasn’t able to diagnose so had it hauled to a shop I trust. Grr.
Bummer man.

I hate vehicle trouble. I own good used vehicles, but they all late 90s, early 2000s vintage. The Wife’s Expedition had to get towed the other day. Both rear brakes locked up at the same time. This was just after her dad, Ford Master Tech, put two new lines in and all new pads and turned all the rotors. Thank God Almighty it happened when it did, and not the day before when I was hauling our new Jersey home from over an hour away.

Truck sat over night and the brakes released. Drove it home with not a single issue. I’m taking it to the FIL’s today so he can throw it up on the lift. Don’t trust it for the Mrs and kids now.

Back