Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, 365. Famous or infamous? What you see is what you get. Top cover is cracked. $400 firm
That's just a joke about someone getting upset because I asked about a saw that had a 365 special decal(which is a real thing), when asked he got quite defensive. A mod on that forum then changed the title of the ad because it was misleading, and the joke lives on.
Great saws.
They are 71cc and they have a restriction in the transfer covers to make them run like a 65cc saw. Pull the cylinder and then the transfer covers(safety torx) and grind out the restriction(very easy to do), then retune the carb and they run just like a 372. For a little added zip adjust the squish to .020(usually requires cutting a base gasket out of thinner material) and open the muffler up :chainsaw:.

That's just a joke about someone getting upset because I asked about a saw that had a 365 special decal(which is a real thing), when asked he got quite defensive. A mod on that forum then changed the title of the ad because it was misleading, and the joke lives on.
Great saws.
They are 71cc and they have a restriction in the transfer covers to make them run like a 65cc saw. Pull the cylinder and then the transfer covers(safety torx) and grind out the restriction(very easy to do), then retune the carb and they run just like a 372. For a little added zip adjust the squish to .020(usually requires cutting a base gasket out of thinner material) and open the muffler up :chainsaw:.
The legend of the Sorta Special! Lmfao

Sounds good. Muffler quick to pull off? I'd like to look at the piston.
If the Allen head socket screws aren't filled with debris. There are 2 on the outside of the muffler bracket that are the small size ones(no need to remove the two screws that hold the bracket to the muffler, then two that are a little larger. I also remove the top cover most times as it's much easier to put it all back together. If the gasket gives you a hard time staying put when putting the muffler back on a dab of grease on it will keep it in place ;).

The legend of the Sorta Special! Lmfao
You're not the only one who reminds me of that thread, many had a good laugh. What's funny is it didn't have to go that way, and I didn't force it that way or even push it that way :dumb:. Reminds me of the "mint 670 champ" thread o_O.

Going to look at this tomorrow. What's a fair offer if she's decent?
View attachment 803092
I had one. Its a very strong saw. Gave 325 Canadian for mine. It was a 2 year old forestry saw traded in at the local husky dealer. 400 American seems high to me unless it hasn't been used much. That being said, they are a solid 70cc pro saw

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I had one. Its a very strong saw. Gave 325 Canadian for mine. It was a 2 year old forestry saw traded in at the local husky dealer. 400 American seems high to me unless it hasn't been used much. That being said, they are a solid 70cc pro saw

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
If it's only a $250-$300 saw, I won't bother to go look. Thanks

365 XT

How much are they asking. Does it come with the old handle and dawgs. What's the duct tape on the top cover.
$400 with the bar and chain, if the B&C are in decent shape, and the saw runs well would be a reasonable price on it to me if all was well.
Be sure to pull that top cover off and see what the neck of the air filter holder looks like, if the air filter cover is duct taped on it may not have been cleaned frequently.
Prolly the screw loss prevention option.:laughing:

KiwiBro is right the people are now taking the corona virus seriously....... and the first thing to sell out here on the shelves .......... toilet paper!
Apparently it’s a worldwide thing too, which is a good thing as it doesn’t make us Australians look so stupid.
I told my wife to stock up last week, she was like, toilet paper, I never thought of that, I think of it all the time, maybe I need to get one of those butt cleaning toilets lol, but I'd need power and water(we have a well for water that takes power).
Small things like keeping a good amount of food/fuel/medical & personal hygiene supplies on hand and even some longer term reserves of the same that you rotate out of your inventory are things we should get into a habit of anyway. I try to keep the vehicles full and have a good amount of fuel on hand. I've sold over 200 generators, when I ask people who are prepping how much fuel they have on hand I've never had one tell me more than 5 gallons, well that will get you thru a week or two if your wise, and none of those generators can run anything 220 volt(wells electric stove and other important things) So they would be very limited on what they can do with that power. I think they would be further ahead spending a couple hundred on nice head lamps.
Like I was just saying a couple days ago in another thread, those who are prepared are usually spared.
Those of us with piles of wood and woodstoves that don't require power and that we can heat wood on are way ahead of the rest of the world.
I think it's responsible to at least think a few weeks ahead and be prepared, a couple months is even better though, that's quite a bit of TP :yes:.

You're not the only one who reminds me of that thread, many had a good laugh. What's funny is it didn't have to go that way, and I didn't force it that way or even push it that way :dumb:. Reminds me of the "mint 670 champ" thread o_O.
Yeah, well it exposed the type of passive aggressive person you were dealing with. Unfortunately I found out the hard way with him, but such is life.

Dang that was a good read though.

I told my wife to stock up last week, she was like, toilet paper, I never thought of that, I think of it all the time, maybe I need to get one of those butt cleaning toilets lol, but I'd need power and water(we have a well for water that takes power).
Small things like keeping a good amount of food/fuel/medical & personal hygiene supplies on hand and even some longer term reserves of the same that you rotate out of your inventory are things we should get into a habit of anyway. I try to keep the vehicles full and have a good amount of fuel on hand. I've sold over 200 generators, when I ask people who are prepping how much fuel they have on hand I've never had one tell me more than 5 gallons, well that will get you thru a week or two if your wise, and none of those generators can run anything 220 volt(wells electric stove and other important things) So they would be very limited on what they can do with that power. I think they would be further ahead spending a couple hundred on nice head lamps.
Like I was just saying a couple days ago in another thread, those who are prepared are usually spared.
Those of us with piles of wood and woodstoves that don't require power and that we can heat wood on are way ahead of the rest of the world.
I think it's responsible to at least think a few weeks ahead and be prepared, a couple months is even better though, that's quite a bit of TP :yes:.
I keep a cistern pump and extra leathers on hand just in case. I put a stand pipe above my check valve to mount it. Takes like 5 mins to swap in.

My cistern has a jet pump to pressurise the system but if I were to hook the discharge pipe to the house I would have a gravity feed with good water pressure. Since the headwater is a few hundred feet above the house. I'm not a prepper by any means but I am self sufficient. 20200301_155322.jpg

Latest posts

Back