Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My youngest son and I made it into the hunting cabin today for the first time since Thanksgiving weekend. Lots more snow up there and there’s even still powder snow in some spots. Snow is about knee to mid thigh deep in the yard so I didn’t start cutting the trees that I had planned to cut this spring.

Go cut wood lads, the sky is still falling, unless ya cant wash your hands.
Geesh its like Belinda in grade school, who didnt get the clap from her.......even after being told. The Chinese shut it all down and poof, the rest of us still want a lil taste of Belinda........

Nice having my helper at home, no work oh well, get to be on the scrounge all the time, this years garden is gonna be the best ever.

The Ice Storm of 98 had more impact, online didnt really exist and no power meant no banking, not much of anything, spring is here, big arse sky here, we are all good, so are you.

Get off yer butts go scrounge!!
With the greatest of respect, you're going on my ignore list. I've had a gutsful of people who can't appreciate that others live differently to them, can't social distance like they can, and that telling them to get off their butts, cut some wood, wash their hands and they will be fine isn't even close to effective advice for millions of people at best and just pithy mocking at worst. For many who have lost loved ones the sky may as well have fallen. If you can't accept that at least respect their loss.

My cousin just got home from his cruise down under. They wouldn't let them off the boat in New Zealand, or Brisbane, Melbourne said they could get off there, to get on a plain home. Said it took him 50 hours to get home. They did get a little sight seeing in somewhere. He said he mentioned to a local lady how beautiful a river was, and it should be excellent fishing. She said the trout in there die of old age, no one fishes it.

Obviously that river is nowhere near me.

Further, I'd donate $1000 to the legal fund of the first person with an HIV infected needle who manages to stab the selfish ******* from Melborne who came here already suspecting he might have covid-19 (had been tested but got on the flight before receiving his results). Hell is too good for phuckers like that.

We had a couple from Melbourne come up to our area last week and the bloke had been tested the day before, then they came up without knowing the results, the bloke then gets the phone call that he is positive and his missus then walks the streets looking for analgesics apparently oblivious to the fact that she has likely also been infected and is in the incubation period. There may be a vaccine developed for the coronavirus but there ain't no cure for stupid.

Went to my local beer supply shop. His business is booming guys and gals home for the next few weeks. People coming in buying beer and wine supplies. In about two months there's going to be a bunch of drunk folk. I bought 80 lbs of grain for two brews a spring wheat and an octoberfast ale. Brewing about 30 gallons Saturday and Sunday
I'm buying Pampers stock in 8 months ;)

I usually pull my pants down before doing that! :buttkick:

Snowing here today. Cut wood yesterday.
It was for demonstrational purposes only, but your right common sense isn't so common these days, I'll get a new picture for those folks :rolleyes:.
You gonna be out plowing?
Whats the national guard doing up that way, lots of movement?

It was for demonstrational purposes only, but your right common sense isn't so common these days, I'll get a new picture for those folks :rolleyes:.
You gonna be out plowing?
Whats the national guard doing up that way, lots of movement?
No picture needed, I understand!:omg:

No plowing here, it will rain and warm up later. Ran that ugly 372oe yesterday and probably strongest pulling one I have owned. Helped neighbor drop 5 dead red oak trees, fork out with his Kubota and cut into firewood lengths. He and sons can do splitting duty, now that's enjoyable, do the easy work and go home.

Putting up a fence.
Cool. Will you use them for just the posts, or mill some for the slats/panels.
I plan on harvesting some longer(20'x6-8" or so) black locust sticks to put under my shed to move it. Then I will use some larger 10-14" to set it on with concrete patties under them at about 4". I just did some cleaning up in that area of the woods this week, but I will have to move all my junk from behind the shed to move it, then I will need to move a lot of dirt to all around it and under it. Lots of work, but it will add more somewhat level ground to the back yard and should look great when finished.

Back