Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the same here. My PT practice is still allowed to operate but there is another meeting of important men tomorrow and by Wednesday we might get shut down. The nearest confirmed case is 100km away and there's only one of him and he's isolated. Unfortunately for the Cowfamily, the politicians use a broad brush.

Pics of split red gum please...

Attachments

• 2CD18401-4650-447E-A6E7-96E974EEF247.jpeg
    2CD18401-4650-447E-A6E7-96E974EEF247.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
Quick question? My new loader started acting like the clutch was slipping. The dealer said the clutch drives a hydraulic pump that drives the trans, so if it gets low on fluid it will do that. I checked the fluid when I got it and it was on the bottom mark. When it started acting like it was slipping I put it on a level spot and it was off the stick. Got more fluid and put it on the level driveway. With everything cold it was between the two marks on the stick. I guess my question is, do I add fluid when it's warm and reading low?
Normally you can measure cold or warm . I prefer cold level indicator on the stick initially . Then I double check the hot level indication mark after a few hrs running and adjust the level accordingly on a level surface .

Hopefully they come up with a way forward for you lot.

I'm eyeing up the neighbours trees. She always said she wanted them down but I've never had the time. Might get onto it once I run out of supplies for the sheltered workshop projects. Wish I could get my tractor (with winch and log forks) back here but no time and the financial controller says we can't afford the $1500 it'll cost to be transported urgently. Fair enough. Might have to return to my one-idiot-ute-logging roots. A ute, for our Northern friends, is a pick-up truck. We call 'em utes down here, short for utility vehicles.
I'm still looking for a 56-58 Chrysler Ute. But, couldn't afford to ship it, if I found it, so I'll just keep dreaming about one.

Should be checked with all cyclinders retracted and the 3 point in the down position Joe. That pushes all the fluid into the reservoir. Does it have a hydraulic filter on it. Post the make and model again please.
It's a Chinese Jinma, Northern Tools version, NorTrac 204c. 3 cylinder diesel, 20HP. I down loaded a manual, but there is so much difference in changes within a model, it makes it hard to figure stuff out. I have a lever behind the engine block, there is a turtle and rabbit on the knob, and an "H" and "L" cast in the case. So, obviously Hi and Lo range. Then back by the seat is another lever with "H" and "L" cast in the case. I called the dealer and he said they both perform the same Hi LO function. So, I put the rear lever in L and the front lever in H and that's how I've been using it. I put the front lever in L too, and holy cow, a snail is faster. Looks like it has a two speed rear and a two speed transfer case. I keep checking Tractordata, it lists it, but haven't learned much yet. I just know I like it. It will pick my BIL"s Kubota 1850 up and throw it over it's shoulder. It's bigger than a Kubota "B" or "BX". They will fit on my dump trailer and close the ramp. This one the rear tires hang about 6" out the back.

Wow, just checked Tractordata and my BIL's BX1850 is only 1255 pounds, my Nortrack is 2700 pounds, so it is a bigger tractor.
Thats getting up closer to my L3800 Kubota which is the largest of the compact utility tractors. It's a nice size, but with the loader its something you want a tandem trailer for vs a single axle. I like the size, but would still like a smaller one too, they are like saws, one just isn't enough lol.

Today’s scrounging.

A nice big ash that has been vertically seasoning. Ready to go right in the stove. Got to throw in a pic of my truck too[emoji847]

Just about got the trails cleared wide enough for me to make it all the way to the West side of my property driving along the south property line with my truck.

Good thing I didn’t actually go for it today. After walking through the trails back-and-forth with the wagon we started to notice that there was a bit of swampiness still left after you broke the first few inches of soil.[emoji15]

Would have been stuck guarantee.

01fd8194bc7ff36d939fa9fffea103de.jpg

cc98f3ac78e9b548d6912e7bad590e10.jpg

ec5c04b5c6a67742f61a2502c5953de6.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Best looking truck on the market right now if you ask me. I particularly like the plain jane work trucks with steel rims and painted step bumpers. I just wish they'd go back to calling a Dodge a Dodge.

Back