Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess guns are ok as long as your not looking at these. :laughing:
View attachment 818106
Hey now, the Mrs could use a good sewing machine!! LOL

Saw a guy offering up a Husqvarna 8000 in .30-06 (my favorite .30 caliber cartridge). It definitely sent me down a rabbit hole this morning. They appear to be great bolt action rifles.

Hey now, the Mrs could use a good sewing machine!! LOL

Saw a guy offering up a Husqvarna 8000 in .30-06 (my favorite .30 caliber cartridge). It definitely sent me down a rabbit hole this morning. They appear to be great bolt action rifles.
Maybe she'd like one of these.

Hmmmm.... Come on stimulus check! LOL

I've heard the husky dirt bikes are actually pretty nice.
Yep, so are the KTM's.
I buy a lot of Honda quads/dirtbikes because they sell themselves, they are great bikes.
We currently have the 450 foreman, TRX90, TRX70, crf50, I need to clean the carb on the 50 and get that one listed. The 90 is my boys and he can sell it if he wants to buy whatever he would like, the 70 is my daughters and she owns that one just as my boy does the 90. I was trying to trade my son the iPad for his quad messing with him, he was ready to go for it until I told him I paid 300 for the iPad and showed him that there was only a few TRX90's on craigslist and the cheapest was 1000, he quickly stopped telling me how good of a trade it was. They have to learn how to do their due diligence early on :yes:.

Yep, so are the KTM's.
I buy a lot of Honda quads/dirtbikes because they sell themselves, they are great bikes.
We currently have the 450 foreman, TRX90, TRX70, crf50, I need to clean the carb on the 50 and get that one listed. The 90 is my boys and he can sell it if he wants to buy whatever he would like, the 70 is my daughters and she owns that one just as my boy does the 90. I was trying to trade my son the iPad for his quad messing with him, he was ready to go for it until I told him I paid 300 for the iPad and showed him that there was only a few TRX90's on craigslist and the cheapest was 1000, he quickly stopped telling me how good of a trade it was. They have to learn how to do their due diligence early on :yes:.

That's awesome! You're a good papa for teaching them right.

I love Hondas and Suzukis. Had both as a kid. My last "bike" was a 400EX. loved that thing! Like a dummy, I traded it off for a rifle and cash (which, the cash funded a family vacation to GA, so I can't complain). We need a 4x4 4wheeler now here on the farm. That, or a SXS. The wife doesn't like the SXS idea, so 4wheeler it is. I know it will make dragging deer out of the woods easier on me! LOL

I have a 450 foreman I'll be listing.

I don't ever remember giving them permission to show me riding my bike!:laughing:
View attachment 817655View attachment 817656First clean up of the day. Blocking my way to the store. People look at me odd when I leave the house with a saw on days like this. But the older lady was glad to see someone stop and cut it out of the road before it caused an accident.
[/QUOTE
You should take a broom with you next time!:buttkick::cheers:

That's awesome! You're a good papa for teaching them right.

I love Hondas and Suzukis. Had both as a kid. My last "bike" was a 400EX. loved that thing! Like a dummy, I traded it off for a rifle and cash (which, the cash funded a family vacation to GA, so I can't complain). We need a 4x4 4wheeler now here on the farm. That, or a SXS. The wife doesn't like the SXS idea, so 4wheeler it is. I know it will make dragging deer out of the woods easier on me! LOL
Thanks, they should learn these things sooner or later, but most schools don't teach them :reading:. Ask many college kids how many mpg their cars get and the say I get 2.. miles from full to half, no how may mpg, if they don't have a lie-o-meter that says 22.5 mpg they can't figure it out :dizzy:.
I like my Suzuki's too.
I have enough parts to build a couple in the basement, I sold the 1000gsxr motor I was going to swap into one of these chassis' when we first moved in here 10yrs ago to pay off some debt related to buying this place, gotta do what you gotta do right :cheers:. I figured I could buy another one anytime I wanted/had the cash, but I knew I wouldn't be building any for a while without a garage, I'm getting closer to the garage now though.
Those 400ex's are fast bikes. I like the foreman's, the newer ranchers are nice and have power steering which is great, they also have a 2wd/4wd switch which helps save the yard if you are turning sharp on it, 4wd will tear it up especially if you have a more aggressive tires.
This is the first GSXR 750 I owned.
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.01.15 AM.png
One of the middle one's lol.Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.02.00 AM.png
This is the last one I built right after we bought this place, the boy has grown a little since then :).
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.02.53 AM.png

Funny thing... my wife bought a sowing machine. I showed her how to use it.

High school home economics... that's where the hot chicks were.
Me and a couple of buddies were the first guys they let in home ec. We got warned pretty early about what brownies not to make.:crazy2:

Cool!

I really like the plastic bin on this as it’s really forgiving. You can drop things in it in the plastic just gives instead of bending. Very durable. And use it as a wheel barrel to move lots of dirt/mud and what not to.

Only reason the wheel fell off is the hub actually broke off of the wheel. It’s my fault as I switched out two of the wheels with harbor freight solid wheels (no air). I was having issues with the tubes leaking in the OEM wheels.

The HF wheel broke[emoji58]. Go figure.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

If poulan ever makes a dirt bike I'm buying one!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Here's one for you, this guy is pretty funny, love that throttle :surprised3: :laughing:.

But you need a husky chainsaw bike.
This guy has much better fab skilz, but you gotta start somewhere :).
Probably gonna need some loctite lol.

And what's better than a husky chainsaw bike, a bike with two huskys lol.

Cool!

I really like the plastic bin on this as it’s really forgiving. You can drop things in it in the plastic just gives instead of bending. Very durable. And use it as a wheel barrel to move lots of dirt/mud and what not to.

Only reason the wheel fell off is the hub actually broke off of the wheel. It’s my fault as I switched out two of the wheels with harbor freight solid wheels (no air). I was having issues with the tubes leaking in the OEM wheels.

The HF wheel broke[emoji58]. Go figure.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Send it back to china :laugh:.
I have one for parts here if you need some spares.

Compared to my 32cc Makita it's huge lol

I have a 45.6cc and a 76.5cc, I don’t use the smaller one much. We have bigger trees than back east people are used to, plus I’m spoiled by the faster speeds getting through the wood. I volunteer with the Forest Service, some of them have told me about their experiences going on fires in Colorado. They show up with 36” bars on their saws, and the Colorado fire crews are kinda stunned and asking “what’re you doing with such long bars on your saws?”. Ha ha.

Latest posts

Back