Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do what I did.

Had to buy a new part for the zero turn. That part ended up being blue and at a closeout price of $475[emoji16][emoji38]

b470da1d6b87e056bc01bc185c675906.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Had a similar experience. Took my buddy's 359 in to get it fixed. Ended up costing me 400ish, as I walked out with a fixed saw and a 346xpne, LOL. Same dealer...

Found a pair of ear buds, apparently for my old phone (stereo mini-jack) that I did not remember that I had. My new phone has the ‘Lighting’ connector, so I went on line to see if there was an adapter: about $5. But when I saw it, I thought, ’Wait: I think I found one of those a few years ago, and did not know what it was.’ Went to my ‘computer junk / patch cords’ pile, and there it was! Now I have an extra set for all these Zoom conferences.

Hoarder Bonus!

Philbert

Mowing is now a family event[emoji1787][emoji1787]

So the wife and kid ride on the mower while you do the trimming :chainsaw: lol.
Nice smurf.
Do what I did.

Had to buy a new part for the zero turn. That part ended up being blue and at a closeout price of $475[emoji16][emoji38]

b470da1d6b87e056bc01bc185c675906.jpg

Busy, busy here. No time during daylight so "light it up".
That's funny, they said we may be able to see the aurora borealis from here if the sky cleared the other day, now I know it was probably you or your wife out splitting lol.
I was thinking of you today, I sold two trailers. Yesterday my wife asked how many we had, I should have asked if she wanted me to included her's in that count :).
I also sold a splitter so I'm down to only 3, trust me I'm looking for another!

What a rip off :innocent: .
If a guy needed a saw it would be worth it. I clearly don’t need saws. Lol.
Pick and choose, or have to take the whole lot?

Philbert
Pick and choose the larger ones. Smaller ones as a lot.

Pick of the litter was a Dolmar 120 followed by a Craftsman 3.3

Morning guys. Heading out to scrounge some ducks in a bit.
Good luck! Opened here today, been hearing quite a few shots. I’m sitting here drinking coffee trying to recover from yesterday 145BDDBE-29D2-4865-8F5F-BD5EDE2A2898.jpegB5D730EC-B94D-4C6D-AF37-F5F8F4E1F01D.jpeg
Apparently my body reacts differently to this at 50 than it did at 30, lol. Sure was enjoyable though, heard some elk bugling when I got there, running saws, cutting trees. Interesting what you see when you cut into trees sometimes FACE3C3C-7E6F-40F8-B795-3DC9F626FF7A.jpeg

I ended up with two, should have had a couple more. One was a wood duck though.

My neighbor got a bunch on a pond. They had been piling in there for several days. I did see a lot flying but they were high. Probably haven’t seen that many ducks in 15 years.

Splitting up some of the lake logs from last weekend right now.

I am scared of heights, and I had to do the roof on my previous house "before I could go hunting"!!!

So I hung a drop light on the TV antenna (yea, we had them back then) and I did it at night! Did not get so scared, because I could not see down. Would just crab walk till nothing was under one hand, then I knew I had gone far enough!

Did not have a nail gun back then either … was all done with a hammer!

I guess I must have been younger then!

G'day fellas, sorry for the lack of scrounge in recent times. Well, I got after it to some extent this weekend - sorry for the assault on your bandwidth.

Went down to my parents' this weekend, took the Cowkids too as wood slaves. With 30°+C forecast, Dad and I decided to head out to the scrounge paddock early. The Cowkids didn't appreciate the 5.45am departure. Most of the logs at the log dump were gone but there were some larger logs remaining.

4th Oct 8.jpg

Fire damaged trees - the inside is green but the outside is very dry in spots. About 30" diameter and Limby came out to play.

4th Oct 7.jpg

4th Oct 6.jpg

Dad started splitting and loading but then his back gave a few warnings and after a major blowout in June we agreed that he quit before anything horrible happened. So then I started splitting and bullied the squids (who had gone back to sleep in the ute) into loading.

4th Oct 5.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what species this was but I suspect that as far as splitting goes, it was e.PITA. I was surprised to find that after spending the last two COVID lockdown months not going to the gym, not running, eating too much and drinking too much beer in front of the TV, I wasn't in peak condition. I started off splitting rounds as they were, then after a few, noodled them in half, then into four, then on the last one, into eight.

4th Oct 4.jpg

Fortunately, the squids were moving at glacial pace with the loading so I wasn't the one holding everyone up. Got the trailer loaded, a touch under a face cord in there. Dad obviously didn't want any splits escaping.

4th Oct 1.jpg

Then the bed of the Ranger.

4th Oct 2.jpg

It was a bit bumpy getting out and at this point I suggested that the Ranger had enough in it.

4th Oct 3.jpg

:)

Back