Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna lie that turned my knob straight up to 10
Oh boy, I can imagine. Every time I read this stuff I am thankful for my neighbors. We do have one that could turn into a bad deal, but has been OK for 4-5 years. They are pleasant enough, just don't seem to have boundaries sometimes.

Oh boy, I can imagine. Every time I read this stuff I am thankful for my neighbors. We do have one that could turn into a bad deal, but has been OK for 4-5 years. They are pleasant enough, just don't seem to have boundaries sometimes.
Most my neighbors just want left alone to their own devices, which is more or less where I'm at now. I don't mind helping the next guy, but no reason to be belligerent when something slightly changes the plans. Idk just feeling at a loss of how or why this happened. Only have one other prick of a neighbor, but he mainly keeps to himself here lately. Just Likes to watch me from his property, which is creepy, but nothing I can do about it.

Most my neighbors just want left alone to their own devices, which is more or less where I'm at now. I don't mind helping the next guy, but no reason to be belligerent when something slightly changes the plans. Idk just feeling at a loss of how or why this happened. Only have one other prick of a neighbor, but he mainly keeps to himself here lately. Just Likes to watch me from his property, which is creepy, but nothing I can do about it.
I never see my neighbors. I was skeptical about having close neighbors when I bought this house. At my old house, my closet neighbor was 300 yards away. I bought joining a modular housing development and while each lot is fairly good size, there sure are a bunch of them. My closest neighbor I think is a older couple. They have a fenced in yard and a old dog. I built my dog fence down my property line but didnt quite go all the way to their fence. This leaves a gap animals are able to pass. (mostly cats that a fence wouldnt stop anyways). The neighbors house behind my fence are at the opposite end of their property with a driveway between my fence and their house. They have a couple of young boys that like to play down in the field below their house, so I seldom hear them. I probably make more noise that the neighbors combined because I am always firing up a chainsaw, tiller, or weed eater I am working on. One of the neighbors, I dont know which one because I havnt caught them yet, likes to mow the grassy corner of my property where it joins the developement road. This is fine with me. I have to get in the hiway and drive the mower to the edge of my lot just to get to it, so they can mow it all they want to, I aint going to stop them. Might even give them a gallon of gas every now and then to help with the expense.

Well another round of no wood this week for me. Works been kicking my but now that the water park is open. Logged nearly 7 miles on my watch Sunday before 11:00. Seems I've had a bit of a falling out with the neighbor. Was supposed to go over and help load up some tires. Would have had to take my son with, let them know I'd be brining him with. And that's when the fight started. First it was my wife's fault, because she doesn't like my neighbors wife. Then it was too hot to have my boy up with me, then it was they knew my wife planned something to mess up our plans for me to come up and help. Sorry folks I can't help i forgot my wife and daughter were going to dance class, and I see no reason why my son couldn't come up and hang out. They blamed the heat, and I tried to reason with them that if he got hot, he could go sit in the truck in the ac for a wile. I had plenty with to drink so wasn't real worried. Well they ended up telling me I was a bad parent for letting my son be out in the heat, and they knew they shouldn't have even bothered calling me in the first place. I'm not gonna lie that turned my knob straight up to 10. First idk why my wife has to be friends with the neighbors wife, second how I take care of my kid is my business, he goes everywhere I do, and lastly telling me they shouldn't have called me in the first place. All the times I've gone up and helped with whatever they needed, literally dropped what I was doing and ran up, and thats how they want to act. I'm still pretty torqued up about it. I just don't understand people. Ive know them going on 7 years now and never had an issue like this. Just incredible.
Unfortunately been there with several people like this. And it’s disheartening to say the least. When people “wig out” like this, just remember it’s them, not you who have the problem. I simply remember that and never engage these people more than necessary going forward as I don’t have time for people who can’t be real. If the person apologized later that would be different. But no apology means they think they are right.

I had a guy who I knew for almost 25 years do that to me. I messaged him the next day just saying I didn’t appreciate being yelled at by a near lifelong friend and he started in on all of the reasons I was wrong. Ok, you’re done.

So, the Mustang belt was squeaking again!

Didn't feel like messing with it, so I brought it in ... the OIL FILTER was leaking!!!

I guess it does not happen to everyone, but it happens!

Luckily, I brought it to where the oil was changed ... so ... no charge!

A better outcome than I was expecting!

Truck still off line. Grange finally fixed teh pressure leak but then discovered that the water pump was leaking 'like a sieve". I asked them to put a new one on. I'm hoping it is just the water pump and not something else. I'm shopping for anotehr truckbut don't expect to find much. Cheap as I am not going to pay a lot for a truck that will probably not be used very long. 86 now and I can' t expect my good condition to conture much longer.

Minimum requirements are: 4x, auto, no more than an extended cab, 1/2 ton. I am willing to settle for a 1/4 ton though.

When I picked the chipper up yesterday I went straight to my cousins house because he had a small brush pile. Machine worked great, but nothing near 6". Got home and cut down a small Gum tree and ground up all the branches, no problem, then cut some 6' long pieces about 6". Took them fine, but I did have to bump the feed roller to keep it from bogging. Today I got a real crooked limb with lots of side branches just to see how it would fold up the side ones. Worked well. It would have been much faster if I just trimmed it up better, but I wanted to see what it would do. Then I was really impressed with how fine it ground the mulch. Gum can be very stringy, very little in the way of strings.

Well another round of no wood this week for me. Works been kicking my but now that the water park is open. Logged nearly 7 miles on my watch Sunday before 11:00. Seems I've had a bit of a falling out with the neighbor. Was supposed to go over and help load up some tires. Would have had to take my son with, let them know I'd be brining him with. And that's when the fight started. First it was my wife's fault, because she doesn't like my neighbors wife. Then it was too hot to have my boy up with me, then it was they knew my wife planned something to mess up our plans for me to come up and help. Sorry folks I can't help i forgot my wife and daughter were going to dance class, and I see no reason why my son couldn't come up and hang out. They blamed the heat, and I tried to reason with them that if he got hot, he could go sit in the truck in the ac for a wile. I had plenty with to drink so wasn't real worried. Well they ended up telling me I was a bad parent for letting my son be out in the heat, and they knew they shouldn't have even bothered calling me in the first place. I'm not gonna lie that turned my knob straight up to 10. First idk why my wife has to be friends with the neighbors wife, second how I take care of my kid is my business, he goes everywhere I do, and lastly telling me they shouldn't have called me in the first place. All the times I've gone up and helped with whatever they needed, literally dropped what I was doing and ran up, and thats how they want to act. I'm still pretty torqued up about it. I just don't understand people. Ive know them going on 7 years now and never had an issue like this. Just incredible.

Huh? If I read that correctly, they asked you to help them out and then have a go at you? If they were paying you then they could argue they have an investment in doing things in a certain way or at a certain time but it reads to me like you were doing them a favor.

OK, just two more because I know you guys have been waiting on them. :hi:
20210608_213323.jpg20210608_212503.jpg
Actually, I have a big project starting Thursday so I've been trying to work on a few other things that will sit once that starts. What was left of the pile of cherry is almost cleaned up now - trailer is empty and can mow that area now too.

Sorry to hear about this. Don’t know their situation but I’ve seen people exhibit similar behavior and found out later there was some extreme circumstances happening in their life and I just happened to be the one they took it out on. Still not right but I’m sure it’s not you.

View attachment 911356View attachment 911357
Actually, I have a big project starting Thursday so I've been trying to work on a few other things that will sit once that starts. What was left of the pile of cherry is almost cleaned up now - trailer is empty and can mow that area now too.

You just know I was hanging out for that! :numberone:

View attachment 911356View attachment 911357
More chairy, not my favorite, but it cuts fast, splits easy(normally), seasons quick, and smells great :sweet:
Today I moved 10 more buckets of gravel(did over 20 yesterday), while doing it I undermined a small cherry, I'll need to clean that up before I pull much more out of there. I'll also need to clean up some of the neighbors grandsons mess as it's in the way of the next area I want to pull from. Probably another couple hundred more buckets and I'll have it all filled in, well for now lol.

Truck is alive again!!!. Took almost 1.5 week for them to get to it. They did the bypass of the heater control valve and then discovered that the water pump was leaking badly. Asked if I wanted them to replace it considering the age and condition of the truck, Yep. Somehow then managed to bring it back with 2 ?watch? dogs and my brother, his wife, and me sitting in the house right next to where they parked it.

I'll give it shot by hauling a small load of wood to a customer tomorrow to complete the 6 cord order. next week end. 30 mile round trip.

This is the truck that leaked all the coolant out and ran hot for several miles.

Back