Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only hunt during deer gun seasons, which are only x number of days. I hunt for food to fill the freezer(s). If putting out apples and corn increases my chances to fill the freezers, how is that lame?
That's ridiculous, like running a ported saw with square chain to scrounge firewood :oops:, I bet you use a hydraulic splitter and hunt with an AR too:laughing:.

That's ridiculous, like running a ported saw with square chain to scrounge firewood :oops:, I bet you use a hydraulic splitter and hunt with an AR too:laughing:.
Funny you should mention that. I do cut wood with a ported saw that is square ground and I do use a hydraulic splitter. But I do not hunt with an AR I use a 7mm Rem Mag. I am old I need all the help I can get.

Funny you should mention that. I do cut wood with a ported saw that is square ground and I do use a hydraulic splitter. But I do not hunt with an AR I use a 7mm Rem Mag. I am old I need all the help I can get.
:lol: .
Did you have a YouTube channel with a raker grinder video on there?
What's the big black pipe in the pic below.
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.09.35 PM.png

Road with my son today to deliver some packages to care takers at a outfitters place before they are snowed in for the winter. Been driving by it for the last month for work but never stopped, pretty cool place, would definitely be nice to hang out there for awhile, no cell service or electricity, large open lodge with lots of nice wood work, big windows, 2 wood stoves, very nice and quiet. Stopped on the way back to scrounge some lodge pole for my sons shop stoveA047A9AA-E827-4C60-91F0-9987C95F6CD6.jpegTamarack trees are showing some nice color56036D70-6A00-4CCD-B1A7-9B05B06B5B0D.png

:lol: .
Did you have a YouTube channel with a raker grinder video on there?
What's the big black pipe in the pic below.
View attachment 938886

Sorry no You Tube video. That pipe is actually a power pole I scrounged for free and it has a weather station mounted on the top of it. So I can clock some of those Wyoming winds.

Road with my son today to deliver some packages to care takers at a outfitters place before they are snowed in for the winter. Been driving by it for the last month for work but never stopped, pretty cool place, would definitely be nice to hang out there for awhile, no cell service or electricity, large open lodge with lots of nice wood work, big windows, 2 wood stoves, very nice and quiet. Stopped on the way back to scrounge some lodge pole for my sons shop stoveView attachment 938892Tamarack trees are showing some nice colorView attachment 938893
Beautiful area there. That lodge pole does make for some good fire wood.

Sorry no You Tube video. That pipe is actually a power pole I scrounged for free and it has a weather station mounted on the top of it. So I can clock some of those Wyoming winds.
I saw the logs out there and it looked a bit like another guys place. I'll see if I can find the video from the guy I'm thinking of, he is/was a member here too, Sierra something iirc.

It looked like a weather station, but I couldn't tell for sure and I wasn't sure if it was something incorporated into the stovepipe on the house, it looked a little closer in the picture though :picture:.
Edit; found it.
Not sure what his username is here or if he was on opeforum, I plunked in his YouTube name (highsierrawoodsman) and couldn't find him.

Latest posts

Back