Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backyard Lumberjack
Hmmmm. I've been trying to post some trail cam pictures since last night, and I keep getting this image. Not sure what's going on, but the site won't let me post my pictures all of the sudden. Haven't had this problem on here before. Any ideas?View attachment 1014088
did you get any recent PM's from any Moderators?.... :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack
No idea.
I've had a problem posting pics from the cloud that are older, newer ones and photos right off my phone no problem, same with screen shots when I'm on the computer.
at least they are specific! me?...

i just seem to have problems in general. lol :crazy2:

Backyard Lumberjack
Hmmm, maybe it's a "cloud" issue. I don't even want to use the damned thing. But somehow my computer is set up to automatically store crap in a "cloud". Damn technology. I don't want my stuff stored in some imaginary storage space that can be hacked by some geek in his mom's basement. I bought a computer with 1T of storage just for that reason, but I'm too damn dumb to be able to figure out how to change it from storing stuff in the cloud, to right on my own hard drive! I'll try posting the pics from my phone and see if that works.
sometimes it is for me!
:drinking:

Backyard Lumberjack
Okay, let's see if posting pics from my phone works. I didn't transfer them all to my phone, but the bear and cat are in here. So, the picture quality is terrible on the cat pics. I think it was raining that night. But what do you guys think, bobcat or mountain lion? And another bear. We've got apple trees and are overrun with raspberries, so I think that's what keeps the bear coming around.View attachment 1014091View attachment 1014092View attachment 1014093View attachment 1014094View attachment 1014095View attachment 1014096
at least the bear is out scrounging.... !

:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack
I can see those just fine, can I transfer some pics to your phone for you to upload :laughing:
Makes you want to cuddle up with your gun at night doesn't it lol.
That bear is really liking the new walking trails, glad his tax dollars are finally having a positive effect :laugh:.
Looks like a cat to me, what kind, no idea, but I wouldn't want to have any issues with it.
careful there chipper... may be getting close to deletion material! p/r u know....

Backyard Lumberjack
Ya, I know. But I just wasn't sure that it has/had a short tail. I thought that it's tail may have been hanging down right behind it's hind left leg. I'd rather it NOT be a mountain lion anyway. Those effers actually stalk people sometimes, and I wouldn't want it to get me before I could pull out an equalizer! LOL.
i am keeping my 'short tail' post to myself... :rolleyes: less-un....umm

but... it was a long tale! ;)

Backyard Lumberjack
Ya, I know. But I just wasn't sure that it has/had a short tail. I thought that it's tail may have been hanging down right behind it's hind left leg. I'd rather it NOT be a mountain lion anyway. Those effers actually stalk people sometimes, and I wouldn't want it to get me before I could pull out an equalizer! LOL.
aka: relocation device! :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack
Saw a bear from the boat while fishing. I prefer to see them from a distance.
View attachment 1014152
exciting! i watched an outdoor river jaunt docu vid while back. down the river. the bears always both exciting and a concern as they rounded each corners. some they used drones to be sure, and to be safe...

exciting! good pix :surprised3:

TRTermite

TRTermite

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
we have puma up along the county line. i have seen some... big black cats!
Nebraska Game and Parks DENIED their existence for 40 years then they had to Kill one preying /stalking a school yard (I think Grand Island area) They gave a stupid statement that it was old and sick never touched the fact that they exist here. I have been within 30 ft of one under a Corn Crib I saw it skylined on a terrace and I tracked it through the snow and no I did not bend over to chance eye contact. It was a big black one. I saw my first big cat in 1973.

Backyard Lumberjack
Awesome.
Look forward to hearing how it cuts thru the brush :p. Funny how the slightest thing can lead to a bunch of pages. I was wondering if you guys think I should continue to run 40:1, been thinking about going to 42.5:1 :laugh:.
Can you throw a line in the tree and pull it down before you start, that is if you're highly concerned about it.
now, that's just what we are supposed to avoid.! per: definition in WTF other day... uh-huh! :yes:

and there in lies the definition of, well... you guessed it! P/R at least per one thread/post authorized observer-monitor.

use to be just X-rated posts, now it's also... too many pages, same subject... :laugh:

Gzzz... i bet there is a tax soon on each post... :oops:

:surprised3:, eek! that is sure to get this deleted! ;)

:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack
☝️ First, let me say without offending anyone here, because there are many different skill levels among us on this forum when it comes to our felling fundamentals! Im not telling anyone what to do or how to do it. I'm simply offering advice and my opinions!👍
some foto essays, just long on words....

:chainsaw: vs :chop:

i was just mentioning you in the brief yesterday, " that KK guy, he sure knows his stuff! "

hey KK: ☝️nice touch! :rock::yes:

i mite try to remember that for effectiveness... but with my luck of late, i prob would select the wrong icon... 👆and then darn!, get the entire post deleted! :crazy:

Backyard Lumberjack
Excellent advice & precautionary recommendations , especially the 3 phase escape route scenerio . Snags in general are dicy propositions , add deteriorated integrity & the risk elevates . Buddy system is a very proactive approach whenever possible !
can anyone say: Widow Makers?....

Latest posts