Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never impressed with the tactical look...but, to each their own.
You know the saying about polishing a turd, don't you??
Well nice to know you Gentleman base yhe pleasure of a cheap fire arm on cosmetics! Tactical isn't a look its a senerio setting. It has a specific purpose. That is one of my three 10/22's they are a 200$ gun you can buy at Walmart! Nothing at all special about them.👎 I could loose it in a river tomorrow and wouldn't care! 🤣👍 Yup the Ruger 10/22. A cheap inaccurate piece of s**t that's fun to fire but pretty much only good for plinking and killing zombies, but I STIHL like them even if my hands stink after pop'n pop cans! 😉

Shoot safe gentleman!

Same. Prefer some dead tree on a rifle. Plastic is for Legos.
Wood swells when wet and cracks over time, plastic dosent. Didn't you learn that from chewing on Lincoln Logs and Legos as a Toddler? 🤣
🤔Maybe Im the only kid who chewed on stuff and played in mud puddles.🤦

We also brought down oak, but forgot pictures. I usually forget, doh!

I already split it today. It’s not much, it wasn’t our primary reason for going up there. We didn’t know snow and road conditions until we went up there, they’re backroads that no one reports on. There had been snow, but the rain made it disappear. There were four spots with something in the road, a boulder and three trees. But we could get by all four. Our property was muddy too, my son had to chain up his pickup with street tires. We didn’t take a trailer because of the unknowns.

59D0BD49-A501-45D8-9364-B84880602DEE.jpeg

A187236C-8F2E-4243-8313-80BB2AFE832C.jpeg

That uncompleted row of oak on the right of the empty space (and the pile in front of it) is the only wood we brought home this season. We were focused on making progress on our mountain property.
573A99A8-1F5A-41E5-9638-10CB5D25F427.jpeg

D846539E-7A56-43C4-99F5-9FA27A6BFDB5.jpeg

The Hell Cat had the best kill ratio over the Zero of any airplane in history.

While the Zero was superior to the previous Wild Cat, it had virtually no chance against the Hell Cat ... kill ratio was 19:1.

The Hell Cat in the Pacific and P-51-D Mustang in Europe are two of the reasons we won the war. (Note: The D was the SC version, just like my car!)

The Hell Cats saved our aircraft carriers, and the Mustangs saved our bombers.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/her...er-with-the-f6f-hellcat-was-usually-his-last/
There you go! I stand corrected. I assumed both the Hellcat and the wildcat were inferior to the Zero. Obviously I was wrong. Thankyou fir correcting me. Looks like I need to research WW2 aircraft a lot more! 👍 Good on ya!

It's actually kind of sad...I had an epiphany that it was Rememberance day and went to check my calendar just to make sure that I wasn't going crazy and....there wasn't anything on the calendar. I could go on about what days are marked on the calendar, but I'll refrain.
Amen brother. I'm sickened by certain days they give every off with pay but not veterans day. Not right on soooooo many levels. To say that any one person regardless male/ female/ color etc. Is more important than all our vets combined makes me SICK!

The Poulan? Not IMOP! You'll have to keep Poulan and Poulan and Poulan and Poulan to get it started!
A lot of them for sure. I do have some I'm actually fond of. Some fellas on here talked me into going through a 295 which is similar to the one pictured and so far I have been impressed. Starts the same every single time. Strong enough for it's weight and no trouble on restarting when hot. Aka the poulan curse.
On the flip side, I got suckered into a " wild thing" and let's just say I might need one of you to cuss for me soon!!!

Good thing that when I built my scary black gun, I chose .308 over 6.5 creedmoor. :laugh:

Actually, if anyone from the government is reading this...it doesn't exist anymore. It, like the rest of my guns, were lost in a tragic boating accident and now live at the bottom of the ocean...
Huh. Same thing happened to all mine. Must have been a bad run of boats!

Back