Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My idea of a Black bear gun was my 1895 Winchester in 35 Winchester. 250 grain slug at 2300 FPS. It was a thumper.
Wow, that is rare ... I always wanted to find one of them, but they were always too $$$!

You must be a handloader! I don't think there are any factory loads for it. Does it have a peep on it?

Power very similar to my 348.

For those who don't know, a 35 Winchester is made from either a 30-40 Krag or from the 405 brass. Comparing it to the 30-40, it is not only necked up to .358, but the shoulder is moved forward so it can hold more powder. It is a very nice cartridge! Also note that Model 95 Winchesters (a lever action from 1895) are built to withstand the pressure of 30-06 ammo. Very few real locking lever actions can say that! Very nice gun/cartridge combo.

Knew a black fella one time who liked big girls. Loved that guy to death. He'd coach is young bucks on finding a girl. I remember him telling me once" now young man don't you go out and get you one of dem little skinny girls. Ain't no way she can cook or she wouldn't look like dat! Go out there and find you a girl with some junk in the trunk , dats what u lookin for. When you hold you a woman you wants to holds you a whole lotta woman not some little stick. Don't be payin no mind to that little bit a extra. Dats just shade in the summer and warmth in the winter! Now you listen to ol whitey ( yes that's his nick name) I is steerin' you right. "
One of my favorite memories.
I'd give anything to see him again. Hard worker, great carpenter and kept us all in stitches.

Wow, that is rare ... I always wanted to find one of them, but they were always too $$$!

You must be a handloader! I don't think there are any factory loads for it. Does it have a peep on it?

Power very similar to my 348.

For those who don't know, a 35 Winchester is made from either a 30-40 Krag or from the 405 brass. Comparing it to the 30-40, it is not only necked up to .358, but the shoulder is moved forward so it can hold more powder. It is a very nice cartridge! Also note that Model 95 Winchesters (a lever action from 1895) are built to withstand the pressure of 30-06 ammo. Very few real locking lever actions can say that! Very nice gun/cartridge combo.
I know where one is……

You pass it every time you drive to the cabin…

Price tag even made me say, no thanks

Stickies are generally put up only as an advisory notice to the viewing public. They are most often locked, so that folks are not wasting time making them longer.

What is the chance you only thought they were stickies, since they were always at the top of the list from so many posts?

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

Zero.

All four that @svk mentioned were stickies, as was Runnin' Loads.

Today's junk yard scrounge consisted of pallet fork upper hanging plate and six grader blades for $20.

However, The two 55gal drums of diesel. The black fifteen gallon drum of #1 heating fuel oil, the three fivers of gasoline and the Toyota Tundra Farmer fill up was not quite as good of a bargain as the junk yard junk. Especially at the cost of $800 for today's fuel!
20230213_181256.jpg

With her worn shocks and leaf springs. The Tundra Farmer just can't take being "OVERLOADED" any more. Even a mediocre load like this will give the pickup a bit of a squat 😥
20230213_181319.jpg
However, The auto parts store can help me fix that!👍😉

I got
Any other cigar smokers on this forum? Im starting to get into it more and I think it's time to aquire a humidor.

View attachment 1057679
One day abord the first destroyer I was stationed on in the Navy. I got invited by the Old Man to smoke a Cigar on the bridge with him and speak freely! That was most definitely awesome! Just once, but we chatted it up just like a couple hunting buddies would. At one point He asked me. "How ya like that stogie Leonnig?" I instantly replied, "not one d*m bit, but I'm going to finish it for the sake of finishing this conversation Chuck!" (His first name was Charles)
The Captain got one heck of a laugh out of that response I'll tell ya!🤣🤣👍

I got One day abord the first destroyer I was stationed on in the Navy. I got invited by the Old Man to smoke a Cigar on the bridge with him and speak freely! That was most definitely awesome! Just once, but we chatted it up just like a couple hunting buddies would. At one point He asked me. "How ya like that stogie Leonnig?" I instantly replied, "not one d*m bit, but I'm going to finish it for the sake of finishing this conversation Chuck!" (His first name was Charles)
I started smoking them a few years ago with my boss at the time. Gave me a excuse to ride around in the truck with him.

Now days I smoke about 1 a day in he summer when I'm working, and when ever I'm out plowing during the winter.

I got One day abord the first destroyer I was stationed on in the Navy. I got invited by the Old Man to smoke a Cigar on the bridge with him and speak freely! That was most definitely awesome! Just once, but we chatted it up just like a couple hunting buddies would. At one point He asked me. "How ya like that stogie Leonnig?" I instantly replied, "not one d*m bit, but I'm going to finish it for the sake of finishing this conversation Chuck!" (His first name was Charles)
I see there is another guy on here from Kodiak. @AKGuy. I figure you wood probably know him on that little island.:innocent:

Latest posts

Back