Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, husky this husky that and husky the other thing.
And Kubota ;).
The wedge was a husky too, I think the little hammer may have been a husky too, well a huskee lol. Oh, I think it was a husky x-cut chain too :rock:, round tuned, not square, but she cuts :yes:.
Helmet was a stihl though :happy: .

Unfortunately the whole area is now covered in 6" of snow, I'll probably get the logs hauled out from that stem and the black locust I knocked down on accident with the red oak the other day. Maybe get a couple small trees cut in the gulley, don't think I'll have time for much else today, and the weekend is booked solid.

And Kubota ;).
The wedge was a husky too, I think the little hammer may have been a husky too, well a huskee lol. Oh, I think it was a husky x-cut chain too :rock:, round tuned, not square, but she cuts :yes:.
Helmet was a stihl though :happy: .

Unfortunately the whole area is now covered in 6" of snow, I'll probably get the logs hauled out from that stem and the black locust I knocked down on accident with the red oak the other day. Maybe get a couple small trees cut in the gulley, don't think I'll have time for much else today, and the weekend is booked solid.
I stihl think huskie is over represented. I do wear huskie cutting pants when I cut, but only because they were the best price i could find. You have way to much dark side equipment there. The reason u have to push so many trees over is because dark forces r mounting against u. :surprised3: :yes:

Ummmm......a little creative editing. Are u with the mainstream media fake news? :omg:
No, I'm with the truth media :p.
Almost time to do something productive, you got big plans today?
The snow is still falling here, and big piles out of the trees, doubt I'll last long out there today, but I'd like to get a fire going and at least a few things cleaned up.
As soon as the frost is out I need to get back to the barn, so another couple weeks to work in the back, then it's "back to the front " :guitar:, no drummer lol.

Get a flex shaft grinder with a foot pedal, you can get them from Harbor Freight, Amazon, FLeabay, etc for less than $100. The footpedal operation is 1000x easier to use than something like a dremel. You can also get right-angle attachments for the flex shaft, that will fit in most cylinders. The right-angle attachment for a dremel doesn't fit in most cylinders.

Careful about getting into porting saws. My journey started when I was just trying to clean up a aftermarket cylinder on an 044 I rebuilt...fast forward a few years and now I have 2 lathes and a mill. :laugh:
I did get a foot pedal grinder from HF for $50 and love it, much better than the hand held unit I used to use.

Any suggestions on a reasonably priced right-angle grinder?

I did get a foot pedal grinder from HF for $50 and love it, much better than the hand held unit I used to use.

No personal experience other than using a dremel for muffler mods and cleaning things up a bit, but @Red97 has some experience :).

The snow is still falling here, and big piles out of the trees, doubt I'll last long out there today, but I'd like to get a fire going and at least a few things cleaned up.
As soon as the frost is out I need to get back to the barn, so another couple weeks to work in the back, then it's "back to the front " :guitar:, no drummer lol.
Truth media may be a stretch some days. HaHa My only fun for the day so far is shoveling the snow that fell til midnite.

IMOP if you want your grease gun to deliver a full charge of grease, whether it's a lever gun or a pistol gun , you gotta neck size the tube of grease before you load it in the gun. Then that tube of grease is for that gun only and will quickly deliver a zig zag pattern of lubricant for bears to slip on!
Now, in my old age, I no longer want to kill those big ole' bears, do you think if I neck sized those grease tubes enough, I could get them in my DR,

Chapuis-Loaded-01-S.jpg

Would they be good enough, so it would shoot enough grease out in a in a zig zag pattern to keep that bear sliding long enough for me to get away??

Do I need to buy synthetic grease for this to work????

SR

Just hope there's no "damage incorporated", lol.

97 3500 turbo diesel. New engine with upgraded oil system. Has trailer brake tow package, 130k miles, what do you guys think? $12,500
I've got a '94 K3500 6.5TD 5 speed. Bought it new. It's been a good truck. My only worry is parts availability. A lot of OEM parts are obsolete.

Just hope there's no "damage incorporated", lol.
What you did there, I see it ;).
I don't have time to watch that Chipper, any info you can share?
Nope, as I said, no personal experience with "real" porting tools. All I can say is I do everything I can to avoid Chinese products.
Joe shows some cheaper options in the video, so it would probably be good to just play it in the background when you're doing something else, I do a lot of that throughout the day.
Oh my, those look painful! Dental visit?
I do need some dental work done, maybe Joe can hook me up :surprised3::lol:.
Truth media may be a stretch some days. HaHa My only fun for the day so far is shoveling the snow that fell til midnite.
Hoping the boy will get the front porch and walkway since he has company coming tonight, I'll take care of the drive and parking with the big kubota, while I have my husky insulated cutting pants on :happybanana:.
Alright guys, if you need anything I'll be back in for a break as soon as I get started:laughing:. Heading out now :).

Now, in my old age, I no longer want to kill those big ole' bears, do you think if I neck sized those grease tubes enough, I could get them in my DR,

Chapuis-Loaded-01-S.jpg

Would they be good enough, so it would shoot enough grease out in a in a zig zag pattern to keep that bear sliding long enough for me to get away??

Do I need to buy synthetic grease for this to work????

SR
You keep Tap Dancing around this issue, but you never responded to me like a Man.

Not once, but twice your stated that I provided inaccurate information, but when I called you out on it you said: "you didn't say it was about neck sizing", but you did NOT say what it was about. Then, you keep making remarks about neck sizing.

I don't own any Elephant Guns, and have not seen any wild ones running around lately, and was not referring to Elephant guns. I don't know if neck sizing would work for one or not, and I don't really care.

I have asked you, specifically, to tell me what information I provided that you thought was false, and you have refused to Man Up and do so.

I will not sit by silently and watch this silly Tap Dance you are doing and not say anything.

Honesty and Integrity are the most important attributes a person has, and I value mine. You're pissing me off.

You shoveling any snow off roof ?

I shovelled a bunch off of my house, but I'm sure it probably would've been fine without it...it's pretty stout and has an interior wall that runs the entire length of the house. I didn't do the shop, all the doors and windows were opening like normal, so guessed that it would be fine. It survived the rainfall we had last night, so I guess that was a good guess.

I also have a little earth-floor single bay garage that I had to clear off. I went inside and the bottom chords of the trusses were bowing wayyy down. I'm not sure it would've survived the rainfall last night...would've ended up like the dollar general store down in town.

I've been running the HF grinder, no issues. As far as a right angle, I went with one of the Chinese ones, you can get them on fleabay, aliexpress, etc...IIRC, mine was $30ish. When/if that right angle piece dies, I'll replace it with the $250 angled handpiece that Scarr(sp?), from the other forum, sells. The reason is, the right angle I use can't really get into the small engines...also it sounds like it's a quality tool that isn't $600. As it stands right now, I have no way to adjust the upper transfers on saws like the 2511t.

If I was doing more volume, I'd have to upgrade to nicer porting tools. The original HF handpiece is getting worn out, the chuck is pretty sloppy, but it's paid for itself many times over. I also do things that they were never intended for. For a larger head, I'll take burrs with the 1/4" shaft and turn the shafts down on the lathe.

A friend of mine had a 7.3 non turbo. He used to say he wished it had a turbo so that it could get out of it's own way. He said I get where I am going and it goes my trailer. I just wish it could get there faster.
They were powerhouses compared to the 6.9l they replaced, or even the smogged out 460's. I remember the day my dad got his 1990 f350. We thought we were in heaven with all the power it had. Which was just great till the power strokes came out. The Dodge boys definatly had the edge with the Cummins though.

Latest posts

Back