Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are quoted "The Pro's Choice" for a reason! Madsen's IS NOT a "logging" supply. They cater specifically to Timber Fallers, but also to Power Saw Mechanics, Chainsaw Millers, and also folks that just enjoy running Powersaw on a regular basis. They deal in both STHIL and Husky. 👍 Although I don't know why anyone wouldn't want a Husky???🤷
View attachment 1070580
They are easy to work with, and as Mike said, their online resources are great 👍.
Fixed that last sentence for you :rolleyes::lol:.
I made the bar, chain, and powerhead hanger from a worn out bar and chain off a Waratah dangle head processor. I used the bar off the butt saw because the chain is frick'n massive! Therefore looks way cooler! 🤣🤣👍The topping saw runs chain not much bigger than .404. I don't know if you've ever seen a Waratah in action. If not? You should Google "Waratah dangle head" and check them out. There pretty impressive. The Waratah dangle head costs more than the machine it's hanging from! Usually a 350 series track machine like a 350 Hitachi or 336 Cat. Something along those lines.

P.S. Did you want to see this picture again so you can take notes?😏
View attachment 1070664
🤣🤣😉
Those are awesome to watch, it would be fun to run one for sure.
No, you must have forgot I looked close enough to know you were running square converted to round ;).
Send me that wood and I'll make some ribbons too, I already posted the pics do you need me to repost them :laugh:.
I decked up the two loads of logs today. I definitely see a concrete pad in my future! 🤣
View attachment 1070665
Amazing what you can do with a bit of equipment. Is all the new equipment working out as you hoped.
Can't wait to get concrete in the barn.
Hope to get started on the windows and siding this month, if work doesn't slow the progress. We're almost into our blackout part of the season, no vacation allowed. Supposed to be real busy, we'll see as I'm on one of the longer routes as it is. If I make more money, I'm just closer to finishing the barn :clap:.

The trouble with the 064s and early 066s is there were so many versions of them with non-interchangeable parts (especially in the ignition) and all different weights and power.

I have an 066 Flat top that has been mildly ported and runs OK. I may go into it and spice it up a bit. The top cover does have a hole for a decomp, but the jug does not have one (and it is not plugged). I do prefer having a decomp on my saws, especially for restarting when warm when milling (often leaving the saw in the cut). I do have an OEM 066 jug, and OEM 660 jug and numerous AM 660 jugs in my inventory.

I wouldn't ask that of him, his knees been bothering him. I just used my Japanese power wheelbarrow with a skidding winch attached to 😆.

You could just run your line to a pulley block and back to a harness on your azz. While you are cutting you could just wiggle the tree down. 🤣

That's one I had wanted for a long time, just never worked out. I'm pleased with the 462, and would have one ported if needed in place of an 064 these days though.
Many are unaware of how awesome they are though, great power/weight.
The fanboys read on the internet that the 660 was better so everyone forgot about the 064 too.

The apple tree has sprouted leaves View attachment 1070731
It looks like it's doing good. Most fruit tree's these days are hi-breds, when you use a seed from one of them to grow a tree, you never know what kind of fruit you will get back from the seed, sometimes good, sometimes bad. It could turn out good or bad experience, you never know until years later when it FINALLY bear fruits.

SR

The fanboys read on the internet that the 660 was better so everyone forgot about the 064 too.
I think the 064s (in general) had better port timing than the 066/660s. That said, I know of some very strong 064s that have ported 066 or 660 jugs on them, which increases the displacement a bit but still retains the lighter weight.

Some of the 064 + 066s have smaller case capacity, which is supposed to facilitate a spicier saw (sort of like crank stuffers).

It likely pays to have more knowledge of saw porting than I do to take advantage of such things.

I think he meant with a limited coil. I think they tend to mess up the tach readings.
That is what I hoped he meant. I didn't want to be buying another junk tach. The other one is on it's way back and my money was refunded. If the coil has a limiter the saw won't send the limit reading to the tach? Another words if my saw is running at 11k and the limit on the coil is 11k wouldn't the tach be reading 11k?

It looks like it's doing good. Most fruit tree's these days are hi-breds, when you use a seed from one of them to grow a tree, you never know what kind of fruit you will get back from the seed, sometimes good, sometimes bad. It could turn out good or bad experience, you never know until years later when it FINALLY bear fruits.

SR
It was an organic Gala so hopefully it’ll be ok . I’ll get back to ya in a decade or so :laugh:

That is what I hoped he meant. I didn't want to be buying another junk tach. The other one is on it's way back and my money was refunded. If the coil has a limiter the saw won't send the limit reading to the tach? Another words if my saw is running at 11k and the limit on the coil is 11k wouldn't the tach be reading 11k?
I'm not really sure, but I've heard a lot about compatibility problems both with tach's and 2 cycle engines, and further complications associated with limited coils.

It may depend on which tach you get. They are not all compatible.

I tested a few samples of new products that came out, and they all failed in short order. Haven't messed with any since then.

I'm not really sure, but I've heard a lot about compatibility problems both with tach's and 2 cycle engines, and further complications associated with limited coils.

It may depend on which tach you get. They are not all compatible.

I tested a few samples of new products that came out, and they all failed in short order. Haven't messed with any since then.
I will let you know how it works in a few days. It is in the mail now to me. Time to fix my garage lights. Bad ballasts in a few of the overheads.

Latest posts

Back