Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had enough rain to wash the salt off the roads so kicked 'r to life filled the tank and cruised for a bit.
View attachment 1073485
The Iowa farm where I found it.
View attachment 1073495
That was a true pickers story, guy came out of the house blasting away with a shot gun. When he saw it wasn't going to deter me, we got along just fine!
Just missed grabbing another. it had been posted an hour earlier, I was too late.
View attachment 1073488
Some years ago, my neighbor stopped by and told me about a guy nearby that just cleaned his barn out and was selling everything, including a 650 Yamaha.

I drove over and sure enough, not only was there an XS650 there, when I kicked it over, it would try to start. I said, you take $150 for it, and he said yes.

IMG-2853-S.jpg

It took a few bucks to getting it to run "right" and I haven't plated it, but I have ridden it enough to know it's a pretty good bike.

He said it had been in that barn at least 15 years...

SR

Age is showing. Shopping y esterday and just walking from the middle of the lot to the store and back was fatiguing. Out to the willow bush this morning. I did put in 3 hours clearing brush but was really dragging the last hour.

Got the brush all cleaed away to get at 4 trees. They are all married together about 30-40 ft up with all of them held up but the bottom one. About all I can do is cut that one after a LOT of escape route clearing and hope only that one comes down. Gonna be a big tangled mess if they all come down. They all lean way over. They all look like good wood (if one can call willow good :)) It is worth $120 a cord though.

Wx supposed to be good in the morning. I really should stay home and play some catchup. Lawn could use a good close trimming. Still have the one cord rick to finish out.

Heavy monster, lol
880, 404, 36", comp chain
Dual port muf now...

Was running rough, hmmView attachment 1073703View attachment 1073704View attachment 1073702
View attachment 1073699
Well, that could cause issues.
What a tank.
Buddy stopped over this afternoon, looked at the blocks of wood out back and showed me his new saw, she's a tank too! He had his 100cc 395 in the trunk along with a 42"x404 for the 1320 :chainsaw:.

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.01.10 PM.png

He'll be helping me mill up the cherry out back.
I trashed 3 chains on it yesterday, lots of metal.
Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.03.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.04.31 PM.png

Got a lot done out there yesterday, especially thanks to @Honyuk96 , him noodling rounds from the other large cherry allowed me to focus on trashing chains in the bigger one lol. I'm a lot closer to done, if I was feeling 100%, could have gotten much more done today, it was perfect working weather. Maybe later this week.

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.06.12 PM.png

He has the horn down pat
View attachment 1073721
He sure enjoyed it :).
Sure you remember asking truck drivers to honk their horn, well now my airhorn is on the steering wheel, I just push the horn there and act like I'm reaching up for it.
It's kinda like asking an older person to show how they would "sign" telephone to someone (thumb and pinky to the ear/mouth) vs a younger person (holds their hand flat to their cheek) LOL. It's pretty funny to ask people at a family GTG.

He sure enjoyed it :).
Sure you remember asking truck drivers to honk their horn, well now my airhorn is on the steering wheel, I just push the horn there and act like I'm reaching up for it.
It's kinda like asking an older person to show how they would "sign" telephone to someone (thumb and pinky to the ear/mouth) vs a younger person (holds their hand flat to their cheek) LOL. It's pretty funny to ask people at a family GTG.
I had a 76 Chevy van with Hadley air horns on the roof with the lanyard.

I had a 76 Chevy van with the Hadley air horns on the roof with the lanyard.
That's sweet.
I had a green 76 panel van when I was living in S FL, with little tiny chrome mirrors(maybe 5x7"). I put spot mirrors on them and could see everything, people would slam their brakes on for me as soon as my blinker came on thinking I couldn't see them :laugh:. Driving there was not too much different than long island/jersey :baba:, you know no-one lets you in, you just gotta go.

That's sweet.
I had a green 76 panel van when I was living in S FL, with little tiny chrome mirrors(maybe 5x7"). I put spot mirrors on them and could see everything, people would slam their brakes on for me as soon as my blinker came on thinking I couldn't see them :laugh:. Driving there was not too much different than long island/jersey :baba:, you know no-one lets you in, you just gotta go.
Only picture I have of my van . My dad with his Wheel horse before he bought a Deere . 41E7AC09-4F26-4BD1-B459-21B3653535E4.jpeg

Latest posts

Back