Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@sean donato. Is that you sitting at the top? :laugh:

No, that's not one of my rides. Unfortunately I can't say anything about it either, there's a clause in our contract for leaking information they take pretty seriously. Hence why I seldom talk about particulars of my job.

Hey guys, would appreciate your advice here.

I need to deliver some feedback to somebody that I know. They are a good person with a good heart, but their method of delivery is not very good. Basically need to tell them that you can’t browbeat people into voluntary work.

In the past when I’ve offered feedback to this individual, they usually try to turn it back to me about the things that I haven’t done properly. I really don’t have time for that at this point and they know they can approach me at any time if they do have feedback on the way I manage things. I should mention that I never received feedback unless I offer it to them first.

I’m normally a face-to-face or at least a phone call person but I’m thinking I’m going to send them an email so they can sit on it and it won’t put them on the offensive immediately because they are surprised if I bring it up in person. This person tends to get “excited” if confronted.

Does this make sense? I usually like to be approached individually, either by phone or in person but at the same point I don’t try to turn things around if somebody offers me feedback.

One more thing to add… This person is not a subordinate at work… This is someone that I serve with on other organizations
As a volunteer in several endeavors, I will say "Can I give you some advice?" And then try to be constructive about it. Tell them what you think would achieve better results rather than point out specifically what they have done wrong. Volunteer interests are tough because there isn't the structure you'd find in an employment situation such as progressive disciplinary action or policy. One bad egg or a bunch of drama can ruin a whole group because people simply won't put up with it and they'll just leave. In most volunteer groups, there is a hierarchy so make sure you follow that and don't overstep your place and be the cause of more drama.

lotta wood! cutting. trailer load!!! and noise....

ear muffs - PPE or just headset set to music... gotta be careful! a neighbor posted up on the neighborhood forum such had caught him by surprise, in fact... just the other day ~

zzzzxhs.JPG

She wasnt done under ideal conditions . Since my uncle's body shop closed it's all I got right now. Looking at steel or a commercial canvas type structure with a slab
if u have time a before and after pix would be nice. inside or outside, your work is exemplary! :numberone:

:drinkingcoffee:

of all the engines i have built and rebuilt, Chevies that is... nothing said new and/or rebuilt quite like that fresh coat of Chevrolet Orange; engine paint! ~ on the L6 running a solid cam and piston above block deck and a 4bbl... i used a Delstar clear over the orange on all steel parts, acc etc. and some items got chromed ~

of all the engines i have built and rebuilt, Chevies that is... nothing said new and/or rebuilt quite like that fresh coat of Chevrolet Orange; engine paint! ~ on the L6 running a solid cam and piston above block deck and a 4bbl... i used a Delstar clear over the orange on all steel parts, acc etc. and some items got chromed ~
I used Eastwood ceramic urethane paint on the engine . I did the 496 in the Chevelle with ot a few years ago and has held up very well

I used Eastwood ceramic urethane paint on the engine . I did the 496 in the Chevelle with ot a few years ago and has held up very well
engine bay nicely detailed... :cool:

how many miles on truck when u got it? did u have to do any engine work?

I have two 68s the other one I’m putting a 340 hp Blueprint engine in the 327 is tired. I’ll rebuild the 327 at a later date as it’s a 4 bolt main high nickel motor . So I’m transferring the plates from that one to the stepside .

Filling out the paperwork for DMV I just noticed that both trucks the last two digits are 68 . Thought it was cool

hi 396

did a lil carpet work myself yesterday. pulled up a side patio rug as it had a texture that mite make some good tool chest drawer liners. laid it out on the lawn, once brush cleaned. 25 x 18.5". a mock up made me think would be just fine. prob use the back side. i like that texture better. had been down for a couple years. so surprized still in such good shape. washed a couple times. after a thot, decided will leave the pads bit ruff cut to fit. lay out again with a square...

but for now, so far, so good...
.View attachment 1076188
View attachment 1076189View attachment 1076191View attachment 1076192View attachment 1076193View attachment 1076194View attachment 1076195

I really like the Kennedy boxes. This Kennedy was a freebie, only the top...I made the base out of square stock and MDF...not the coolest lower to a toolbox, but it does the job. I keep my porting tools in the Kennedy.

IMG_20230420_073613546.jpg

I've had a bit of good luck with toolboxes over the years, this is a Craftsman I got for $25 from a yard sale. It's pretty cheap construction, but $25 is $25. I keep my machining tools, end mills, cutters, etc in it.
IMG_20230420_073633408_HDR.jpg

My main box, the upper and lower were bought at separate times when either one was on sale. Anything Craftsman gets a lot of hate today, but it's actually a pretty nice box. Much heavier construction than the $25 Craftsman and fairly nice soft close drawers.
IMG_20230420_073646117_HDR.jpg

Back