Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MustangMike @Woodslasher @Czed @Lightning Performance

Hello bros

Saw you all and few others on this thread:
opeeforum.com/threads/neotec-660-clone.24650/

I’ve got 3 Neotec 660 clones now. Ran em strong to get rings settled and right now they are pretty good. Porting, timing, and any deburring work is beyond my tool capabilities right now. The third saw I bought from that customer return list I posted the other day. Other than having a good supply of parts for these saws now is there anything to consider for longevity? I don’t know that spending the time now (which I have none of) to buy the necessary tools and do it myself is worth it other than the skills gained to further my knowledge base. For three of these I’m only out $500. Skinflinting to the max 🤣

Yep, rescue a damsel in destress, you get a distressed damsel, ask me how I know :oops:.
Finding a woman that doesn't need fixed is as difficult as finding one that doesn't think she's gonna fix you :laugh: .
Good luck on the hunt, at least you got the dad bod to help out :).
True

By far the best bet is to compete for the ones who are very recently divorced....if their ex was an ******* you might get lucky and get a good one.

1750046086_IMG_20230423_150506081_HDR2.jpg.22a822e29927661ad90fd34a70e5532a.jpg

We‘ve got those signs on one of our property boundaries.

No, for wood that's for my own use, I could care less if it's 16" or 20". But for the firewood that I sell, I'd like to get it as close to 16" as possible so that people that buy the wood are getting what they paid for as much as can. And I want to be able to do all of this as fast as possible without having to retrace my steps at all if I don't have to.
Same here. I use a 16" piece of pvc held in my left hand and measure for each cut unless I am cutting for myself. Then it is eyeball. Problem with the calibrated eyball is that the small diameter the longer that '16" gets. It is te big diameter stuff that shrinks.

Over the weekend people went into the area my mountain place is at, one from the top and one from the bottom.

The one that went in from the bottom, said this.
“Well I made it in today had to walk in a little ways before the creek still lots of snow there. Cut about 20 downed trees, but you can get to your place. Creek is at least 10 ft across right now, and its moving. Also the creek below us where that little pump shack is, the water is going over the road and washed out 2 ruts they are about a foot deep each.”

He also said there are still stretches of snow coming up to our place from below. I know exactly where he means, there are curves with thick forest blocking the sun.

He took this pic of the gate between ours and his, it accesses someone else’s property.
3BEFE8FE-39FC-40A9-AFC7-AB4F6ED35E34.jpeg

This is a time lapse video from the guy that went in the top. He said there’s a 5 foot hole where the water melted through the snow, they had to winch out of.

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_...8yNFzQWN5yjpTWHteOehHJ5e&thread_id=1368709813

Over the weekend people went into the area my mountain place is at, one from the top and one from the bottom.

“Well I made it in today had to walk in a little ways before the creek still lots of snow there. Cut about 20 downed trees, but you can get to your place. Creek is at least 10 ft across right now, and its moving. Also the creek below us where that little pump shack is, the water is going over the road and washed out 2 ruts they are about a foot deep each.”

He also said there are still stretches of snow coming up to our place from below. I know exactly where he means, there are curves with thick forest blocking the sun.

He took this pic of the gate between ours and his, it accesses someone else’s property.
View attachment 1077795

This a time lapse video from the guy that went in the top. He said there’s a 5 foot hole where the water melted through the snow, they had to winch out of.

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_...8yNFzQWN5yjpTWHteOehHJ5e&thread_id=1368709813
How many acres on your “mountain place”? Must be a great hideaway.

View attachment 1077795

This a time lapse video from the guy that went in the top. He said there’s a 5 foot hole where the water melted through the snow, they had to winch out of.

How far up 168 have you gone?
I was wondering how much of a snow wall is at the Tunnel cr turnoff at Huntington.

Just to check with a few others...
Is this the right chain for when you just have to do a sawing motion with your chainsaw?View attachment 1077803
I thought all good woodcutters had at least 1 of those in their arsenal. It helps if your ambidextrous for sharpening. :crazy2:

How far up 168 have you gone?
I was wondering how much of a snow wall is at the Tunnel cr turnoff at Huntington.

I haven’t been up at all, and I haven’t heard anything about that creek. The F.S. snow groomer said yesterday that they did a snow survey at Kaiser Meadow, and there was 10-12 feet of snow.

20 is a good buffer

Two sides are timberland with no development, and we’re down in that corner. There are two cabins 1,300 feet north of us, and one about the same distance to the northeast. Those are the closest.

Back