Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm working the 4th by choice, for a mix of reasons. Hopefully everyone has a good holiday and takes some time to reflect what makes this nation great, and the sacrifices many have made from its founding to this day to make and keep it a great nation.

Went to get some ingredients this morning to smoke and I found this on the side of the road View attachment 1093918
Guess someone went to town to fill it or was on their way to one of the rivers or lakes . Must not have been secured to well

Makes for a good beverage dispenser. Just add ice and your favorites.

I rode my Goldwing up the Haul Road, and twice down the ALCAN, back in the old days there wasn't much pavement on it, talk about mud!

Last trip I took on my Goldwing was just a few miles short of 15,000, all over Alaska, Canada and the lower 48 states.

SR
Did the roads look like this

Attachments

• 72A34DE2-5822-44B0-84DA-F40B0112DE4F.jpeg
    72A34DE2-5822-44B0-84DA-F40B0112DE4F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6E017993-05F2-40BA-9012-7A50B27A1075.jpeg
    6E017993-05F2-40BA-9012-7A50B27A1075.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 0
  • D552A89F-BB7A-4C7F-BFFD-050E6C892D24.jpeg
    D552A89F-BB7A-4C7F-BFFD-050E6C892D24.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 1093920
I'm making "cheater pulled pork". Pork loins come on sale so I'll sear it on the propane grill, wood chips smoking in the foil. Let it get some smoke in it and dump it in the crock pot. Tomorrow it will pull apart like magic and make pretty fair pulled pork.
Never thought loins would make good pulled pork, looking forward to the results 😀

Never thought loins would make good pulled pork, looking forward to the results 😀
Last time I tried loins for pulled pork I must have screwed something up, turned out awful dry.... eagerly waiting results as well...

If you are trying to BBQ pulled pork, loins are not as good as a shoulder/butt. However, in a Crock-Pot, loins come out mint and pull easily. I keep it simple and rub it with Tony's, sear on the grill and use some chips to put a little smoke flavor on it. Pull it and mix in sauce and let it simmer in the crock pot. The loins come on sale pretty cheap so this is a popular choice at this house.

If you are trying to BBQ pulled pork, loins are not as good as a shoulder/butt. However, in a Crock-Pot, loins come out mint and pull easily. I keep it simple and rub it with Tony's, sear on the grill and use some chips to put a little smoke flavor on it. Pull it and mix in sauce and let it simmer in the crock pot. The loins come on sale pretty cheap so this is a popular choice at this house.
Sauce might be the key...lots of it? :p
Or...3 bottles of beer or a bottle of white wine...
And...a can of chicken broth...

Back