Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah, don't see the need, it's pretty close to the 500 and 462 for weight, and I have those and a ported 261 in that flavor. To be honest, it's one of the new saws I haven't ran yet, that and a 592.
592 is a nice saw , the Auto Tune 3.0 works well, haven’t had any issues with mine , My 395 MMWS puts the hurt on it thoe , 😆

592 is a nice saw , the Auto Tune 3.0 works well, haven’t had any issues with mine , My 395 MMWS puts the hurt on it thoe , 😆
That front tensioner would be putting the hurt on me.
I've only owned one 395(iirc), and I bought it solely to sell.
Glad I don't cut big trees too often or mill, but if I did I'd probably just get a ported 660 or a ported 661.

That front tensioner would be putting the hurt on me.
I've only owned one 395(iirc), and I bought it solely to sell.
Glad I don't cut big trees too often or mill, but if I did I'd probably just get a ported 660 or a ported 661.
Yea , side tensioner are nice and captive nuts to , You have one of theses yet it’s a game changer, IMG_1897.jpeg

When we took a lunch break from working on the roof my 19 month old grandson lost a chicken nugget. We all looked around and didn't find it so we moved on. A bit later my son said "Maybe someone stepped on it." Yup... the same boots that let me stand on a ladder and scaffolding planks for hours with no pressure points kept me from feeling the chicken. 😉

View attachment 1126788
Could double as a dog turd....

Yea , side tensioner are nice and captive nuts to , You have one of theses yet it’s a game changer, View attachment 1126852
Yes, both are great options.
No, I don't. When using saws with wrap bars I just use the stihl srench that's thinner. Those sure look nice though.

It’s great 👍, it’s a full wrap dream tool ,
For sure.
The good thing is I don't need them(wraps) very often. When I do I just grab the 372/371 and use that short stihl srench, if I can't find one of those I go at it from the back side of the wrap instead of the front, most times it give a little better angle on the nut.

Nice stove, I need to refinish the 2 bio mass ones I have. Finish is getting a little ratty. Where did you get the gloss black stove paint? All I can find is flat black and gloss would look a ton better? Saw, not so much but then I don't do Husky's I do own a Husky made S&W branded 308 long gun that I bought an estate sale unused a few years back. Replaced the gritty trigger with a Timney and accurized it but I rarely shoot it, The wood Monte-Carlo stock, don't want to bugger it up as it's really a collectable firearm, not a working sport rifle. Here it is plus a target at 420 yards loading Bergers in custom built Norma brass and jumped for accuracy. The scope needs adjusted for zero on the bull yet but you get the idea anyway... It's a fine rifle btw. Not bad for a 7.62 x 54 on my private range btw.
I love my Mosins.

I believe it's Versatile...

We don't have any weight on this CIH JX65,

Resized-20210806-103054-2037-S.jpg

It works just fine for haying and for a "general purpose" tractor around the farm, no extra weight needed.

SR
The big difference is that your tractor is a big machine that doesn't require a ballast weight. If I fill the loader bucket on my Kioti NX4510 my tractor was no traction in the rear or off the ground.

Is that an actual thing? If not, should it be?
They already upgraded that saw in 2020 with better crank bearings, taller top cover and better air filter. I had one and it screamed. I sold it for a profit as I wasn't using it enough to justify having it around.

My split woodpile is down to a minimum now as another 4 cord left yesterday. I did manage to split up 5 more tractor loads and had my burn barrel burning up scraps. All my pallets but 3 are up off the ground now. I'll be moving them closer to the woodpile as I shrink that down more and more until it is completely gone. My target is to have a manageable woodpile.

Attachments

• 20231110_110110.jpg
    20231110_110110.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231110_110122.jpg
    20231110_110122.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231110_152248.jpg
    20231110_152248.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Good morning guys. My son went hunting with his grandpa today and I’m going to work around the house to get a few more things ready for winter and then head to the cabin to close that down for the fall.

Weather pending I’m going to go canoeing tomorrow. Never gone canoeing this late in the year but what the heck.

Winter this year will be a mild one says the wooley bear. A wide brown band means a milder Winter. This is the 6th one that I have seen with a wide brown band.
Dang global warming is making the wooleys "evolve" and turn brown:crazy2:.
Hear we will be having another El Nino, so warm and dry here, we'll see.
The good thing is we have gotten quite a bit of water the last month or so, we still need more though.

Back