Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But..but... you only paid $20 a piece for them.
On that note….One time I sold a little car to a friend. After her stupid boyfriend ran it without oil and blew up the engine, she told me she should’ve paid me $500 for it (I sold it to her for $800) I said, how do you figure?

She said well you only paid $500 for it so you should’ve sold it to me for that.

I said yeah I paid $500 for it and drove four hours each way with a rented tow dolly to get it home. Then when I got it home I had to change oil, repair the exhaust, and replace the wipers. You should be happy that I sold it to you for what I had into it. (In my head, thinking…It’s not my fault you’re stupid ass Boyfriend decided to drive to the store to buy more oil when there was no oil on the dipstick.)

She is a good person, but is it permanently stuck in the victim mentality so she gets like this when things don’t go her way.

(We had originally bought the car from my son, but then he wanted a truck which he bought with his own money.)

I used mine once for corn bread and everything stuck badly. Real mess to clean up. I guess I didn't have it seasoned properly.

Always wondered about that, can you get the cornbread out?

I had trouble getting it out of every crevice even after soaking and using a brush. Should have tossed in the fireplace and burned it off and then re-seasoned.
Sounds like we may all benefit from attending an @svk cast iron cooking class. :drinkingcoffee: 👍

Latest posts

Back