Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished putting this bugger together. The wife said the kids didn't get any big presents in a while...View attachment 1138536
I did the same thing about 7 years ago. Had a bonfire going and a cooler full of beer. Finished around 2 a.m. My daughter was shocked the following morning trying to figure out how it just appeared overnight lol.

we have been getting rain and been in the upper 40s and 50s. Crazy for the end of December.
Same here, and it blows. I'm not one of those guys that rolls with the punches very well. I've had my snowblower and ice fishing stuff staged by the back door for a month now and nothing else will get accomplished until the weather shifts.

Yeah... I was treasurer for a Ruffed Grouse Society chapter for 10 years. Sadly we didn't have much success in the Hudson Valley and Catskills. In areas owned by NYS or NYC where some grouse still existed RGS couldn't gain access from DEC or DEP to do habitat work... Their biologists and foresters were on board but upper management vetoed the plans. I used to flush grouse and wild pheasants a lot 50 - 60 years ago near my family home... grouse nested on our property and pheasants would drop by. I haven't seen any pheasants there in probably 45 years or grouse in 40 years. I haven't put up a grouse in the Woodstock area in probably 25 years. The habitat is no good for them any more...
I have them . Believe it’s a ruffled have pheasant too IMG_1496.jpegIMG_1495.jpeg

Got some pretty cool outdoor blue tooth speakers. And they sound great since it’s stereo.
View attachment IMG_7519.mov
Sure I’ll be using them in my trucks too . Without the flame effect

Did the Christmas thing yesterday with the kids and grandkids . Just me and the misses this morning

I have them . Believe it’s a ruffled have pheasant too View attachment 1138566View attachment 1138567
My neighbor in WV has a pet hen. She nests under an old Oak that fell next to my driveway. She's at least 4 years old and rides on his side by side. He takes cracked corn to her every other day or so. She will eat out of his hand. I did a search and it said they may live up to 11 years in the wild, but average life is just one year.

LDrltKW.jpg

Let the injuries begin .. :laugh:

Merry Christmas everyone
Yeah… a relative of mine put one up for the kids. He decided to try it out with them… He apparently had bad technique as he broke his leg by landing wrong on the trampoline! It’s not like he went off it… 😉

Latest posts

Back