Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have seen it all now when it comes to weird things being sold on Marketplace. I have never heard or seen of such a thing as these. I'm glad that I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this because it would have been spit out by my laughing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121-181215_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121-181215_Facebook.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 0
I think I have seen it all now when it comes to weird things being sold on Marketplace. I have never heard or seen of such a thing as these. I'm glad that I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this because it would have been spit out by my laughing.
Butt, butt..............there are already enough @ssholes in this world. No need to make any bigger.

I lurk more than I post. If I can contribute to the thread, I will.

I’m heavy more on the second half of the school year with IEP’s and other school paperwork that I have to complete outside of the work day. Basketball season,GS cookie season, and drama productions for both kids is in full swing over here. We’re in the thick of things with my girls extra curricular activities and loving every second of It. They are only this age once and it’s going super fast.

I did get permission to cut on 37 acres of private over here. Land owner has beech and poplar down he wants cleared, not my favorite for firewood but happy to help and maybe get access to set a few canine sets or deer stands in the fall?

Attached are a few pics. We are cookie parents, do all the logistics for GS pick ups and troop pick ups. My youngest sold 50+ boxes in the snow storm on our three block radius here. Hard worker! Last pic is the three of us before sledding. View attachment 1146244View attachment 1146245View attachment 1146246
swell pix! my cast iron collection has a scouting heritage!
1705937130869.png

i mite be inclined to ask what they are used for? i mean.. why? but i don't think that would be a wise thing to do!!! :lol:
:givebeer:

Was up at the cabin for the last time (till spring) with my daughter. Our busy tax season will start soon.

Was very cold, humid (snowing) and very windy! The air bit the exposed sections of your face! Wend down to 0* F overnight, and never got over 15* during the day.

We did some grouse hunting but did not see any. No evidence of grouse or turkey still being up there (no bird tracks), and all of our cameras froze and stopped working. (one of them even broke). We were able to retrieve some pictures from the cameras that were not sent via phone service, and we took most of the cameras down. They showed deer, the three predators (coyote, fox, bobcat), and squirrel.

We also found tracks there were tracks from deer, coyote, fox, bobcat, rabbit, squirrel and perhaps a fisher. They get tough to ID in fluffy snow (no clear prints).

We did get a few work projects done to secure the cabin for the winter, but also had a couple of issues. The drain on our sink froze underground, so we will have to let that thaw and cover it better. We sucked the water out of the indoor pipe with a battery-operated shop vac so the pipes would not freeze.

I also managed to take a spill when we were loading the truck to leave. I was standing on the cargo rack and when I went to get off my boot clipped the railing, and I went over. Landed "well tucked", but on my elbow, and although my elbow is fine it jolted my shoulder pretty good. I work hard to not have problems with that shoulder, as I separated it (and was mis-diagnosed) in college. I have good strength with my arm close to my body, but the shoulder does not like it when I try to reach. Hopefully it resolves itself in a few days.

i did breakfast other day in cast iron. eggs n bacon. the bacon came out fine. but i am sticking to my stickless OXO's...
for me, it is still "best eggs are those cooked in lots butter and low over gas..." we get very close to that!
i am not a crispy edge egg fan, and prefer my hard cooked eggs in shell!
but, all in all... not bad breakfast!
don't get me wrong, i :heart: to cook with cast iron! got one for fish (fish n chips) got one for chips. (french fries) and a lot more. some for this and some for that! and some for anything...

started with bacon other day. in cast iron. that went well
P1010002.JPGP1010003.JPG

finally, got my cast cleaned...

cooked on low, eggs had poor releaseability. actually stuck! ~
P1010009.JPGP1010013.JPG
i mite try it a bit dif next time, but there won't be a next time... i like my fried eggs... gentle cooked, white's white, yolks on the run, etc. i have no prob macon bacon again in cast. but my fav bacon pan does it real nice. wipes clean. not an OXO.

Latest posts

Back