Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy fellas. Hope everyone's having a good weekend. So this is back in my wood shop today šŸ˜...20240310_171035.jpg
It's a lending library I gave mother for her birthday last year. It's a replica of my parents house. However, some ne'erdowell ripped the door off it in the middle of the night. Some people just can't leave nice things alone I guess...
FB_IMG_1710105124459.jpg
FB_IMG_1710105138904.jpg
FB_IMG_1710105112006.jpg

Howdy fellas. Hope everyone's having a good weekend. So this is back in my wood shop today šŸ˜...View attachment 1160921
It's a lending library I gave mother for her birthday last year. It's a replica of my parents house. However, some ne'erdowell ripped the door off it in the middle of the night. Some people just can't leave nice things alone I guess...
View attachment 1160928
View attachment 1160929
View attachment 1160930
Wasnā€™t sure if I wanted to love the post for your craftsmanship or the ā€œangryā€ face due to some jerk vandalism

Looks great man!

I got my grandpa's rifle he taught me to hunt with. It's a mossberg 185 20 gauge bolt action shotgun. Not many are left.
Sorry it is not for sale either!
You're right about that. I have my grandpa's 28 ga. bolt action. I have yet to see another one like it. He mainly used it to pick off skunks that came into the yard.

Looks like elm too, cut the smaller stuff and burn everything else in the bonfire pit, that's stuff sucks to split!
Sure does! The city marked one in front of my parents place with the ominous red dot - dutch elm disease - and dismantled it not long after. I took some rounds home since I live within the acceptable radius for transfer. What a p.i.t.a to split! Ended up doing a lot of noodling on those rounds.

You're right about that. I have my grandpa's 28 ga. bolt action. I have yet to see another one like it. He mainly used it to pick off skunks that came into the yard.
I have my grandfathers 16 gauge . He carried it on the ship from Italy to America in 1920 . Itā€™s a Belgian shotgun made in the 1890s . Takes light loads 20180923_135250 3.jpg20180923_135310 2.jpg20180923_135301 2.jpg20180923_140400 2.jpg

Browning has a mag fed lever with no stick out of the bottom. It's a BLR. Very short throw on the lever. Has the Browning buck on the bottom of the lever. It's my personal favorite..
The only BLR I ever shot was done to sight it in for the owner. That gun had a problem with the boltā€™s rackā€¦ it would jamb badly and was a pita to put back into service. He sent it out for warranty workā€¦ Granted that was about 50 years ago!

Back