Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing surprises me when it comes to cars. Probably why I've become a car Luddite... the less tech the better! The $1,000+ tail lights in the new Ford PUs is one example of a stupid "improvement." When used as a work truck broken tail lights are pretty common... especially if you go off-road.
Hey now , trucks aren’t work vehicles anymore . I bought NOS tail lights and back up lights for my 58 year old Chevy and I cringed at $250 IMG_6211.jpeg

To clear up my confusion, I assumed NPTF meant NPT 'Fine'. It doesn't. Checked the hose fittings with standard NPT fittings. One is JIC 8 (1/2" NPT x 14 tpi) and the other is a JIC 12 (3/4" NPT x 14 tpi).

I'm assuming the control valve is a flare female fitting. Can't find a street tee in JIC. Can I use a a 3/4" NPTF street tee (3000 psi rating)?
View attachment 1165060

The control valve is NPT, not a flared fitting.

As stated above, NPTF fittings will work in NPT so yes, a 3/4" NPTF street tee will work. 👍

A Shame about Senator Liberman. I did not always agree with him, but he was one of the VERY FEW moderates who tried to use common sense to bridge both sides.

There are too few politicians who are actually willing to honestly try to work across the aisle! (and not just spout false rhetoric).

I had a lot of respect for him.

I can't tell you how many of my clients who have to work in the City complain about the constant smell of weed!

But the Biden Administration is ONLY worried about Natural Gas fumes!
It’s getting out of hand . I went to Walmart the other day it used to smell of tobacco at the entrance now it reeks of pot

My brother in law works for a chevy dealer down in Lancaster, I expect I'll get some more good stories from him this weekend when we have Easter dinner. He does mostly truck warranty work, but said he was getting sent out for ev training a few moths ago. Can't say I'd buy a new one, and I sure as shite don't want them working on my truck either.
I wonder if he's had the privilege of welding any of the new recalled cabs back together that crack in the roof line 🤔

A Shame about Senator Liberman. I did not always agree with him, but he was one of the VERY FEW moderates who tried to use common sense to bridge both sides.

There are too few politicians who are actually willing to honestly try to work across the aisle! (and not just spout false rhetoric).

I had a lot of respect for him.
compromise used to be how things got done .
but today ..... it's hard to work with people across the aisle when they can't even agree with themselves and engage in constant bitter infighting .

It’s getting out of hand . I went to Walmart the other day it used to smell of tobacco at the entrance now it reeks of pot
It's sad. I get out of my truck in a parking lot of a store, and I smell pot coming from a number of cars as I walk by. Even people who just got out of their cars wreak. Wonder how many accidents have occurred from these people?

And when did it start smelling like skunk? Growing up, it use to smell like burnt leaves. Kind of nice actually. Now it just stinks.

Thanks. I sent an inquiry to them and to williams. Will see if there is any response beside "What is a Model 24? or. "buy a new rifle and scrap that junk." The second is the response of the Stihl dealer when I took in my 015; only "saw" was in the place of "rifle."
If you want, just can reach out to Andy

He owns skinner sights, super nice guy

Cut up what could with 261c (been running her hard, love it so far!!)….got to get 461 out this weekend get the bigger stuff!!!
View attachment 1165153

Guys had a load of cherry for me at work!!!
View attachment 1165154View attachment 1165155
Thanks for the non political post. Can't stand all the arguing that goes nowhere. It's appalling to me the way people talk to each other on the interwebs. My mom would've slapped my face if I would've said some of the stuff people write on FB. You fellas aren't too bad, I'm just done with politics.

Back to trucks, chainsaws, cast iron, wood, zig zagging bears, grease guns and tractors please.

I wonder if he's had the privilege of welding any of the new recalled cabs back together that crack in the roof line 🤔
I haven't talked to him since Thanksgiving, so I have a few months of catch up to do with him Sunday. I really want to say no. He's a decent mechanic, but a welder he is not. I'll be sure to ask him about it.

Thanks for the non political post. Can't stand all the arguing that goes nowhere. It's appalling to me the way people talk to each other on the interwebs. My mom would've slapped my face if I would've said some of the stuff people write on FB. You fellas aren't too bad, I'm just done with politics.

Back to trucks, chainsaws, cast iron, wood, zig zagging bears, grease guns and tractors please.
I took my truck to the woods. Pulled out a log with my JD. Didn't see any bears ZigZagging or not. Kept my cast iron grease gun at the ready just in case as I bucked it up with my Stihl chainsaw. Oh and I didn't think about politics the entire time.

It's sad. I get out of my truck in a parking lot of a store, and I smell pot coming from a number of cars as I walk by. Even people who just got out of their cars wreak. Wonder how many accidents have occurred from these people?

And when did it start smelling like skunk? Growing up, it use to smell like burnt leaves. Kind of nice actually. Now it just stinks.
lol the skunk has always been around!!!

I haven't talked to him since Thanksgiving, so I have a few months of catch up to do with him Sunday. I really want to say no. He's a decent mechanic, but a welder he is not. I'll be sure to ask him about it.
I'd be super interested who dealerships deem qualified to make such a repair. By default you'd probably be more likely to find a good sheet metal welder in a body shop but that's not absolute, and not all dealerships have paint shops.
It sounds like a hot mess. If I had an affected truck this one would give me some heart burn.

compromise used to be how things got done .
but today ..... it's hard to work with people across the aisle when they can't even agree with themselves and engage in constant bitter infighting .
Care to help me teach that first notion to members of the organizations, boards, and committees, both private and public, with which I'm associated? 🤪

We had a "town hall" at work today. Company went over finances from last year, projected budget, work with the school, summer intern stuff etc. Mostly boring stuff that the office people find interesting. I usually don't go to them, but this should have been the one we find out what our bonuses were. All we got was "your PIP checks will be deposited this afternoon." Now we know we made more then budget last year, and we know what's in the bank, being spent on projects etc. Just checked my bank account and there a deposit for $156.00..... checked my pay roll app. yep, That's our year end bonus minus tax. I should be greatfull, but it really just felt like a punch in the gut. Checked with a few other guys, same thing. Moral is already in the gutter and I believe the company just found a way to reduce it to near zero.

I'd be super interested who dealerships deem qualified to make such a repair. By default you'd probably be more likely to find a good sheet metal welder in a body shop but that's not absolute, and not all dealerships have paint shops.
It sounds like a hot mess. If I had an affected truck this one would give me some heart burn.
I haven't heard of the problem, so I don't know exactly how they are breaking. I'd be very angry about it myself. Possibly @MechanicMatt could shed some light on the situation. I'm not sure if my bil shop has a body shop or not, or if they would even repair a cab. There's a lot of liability if its a structural component of a body and the repair fails.

Latest posts

Back