Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not seen 348 bullets (heads) for sale for quite a while, but Barnes (on their website) currently has their 250 grain bullets available.

I've never fired 250 grain bullets before (always 200 grain bullets) but since no one else is selling them, I figure I'll give these a try.

They are not fast but have a high BC for a 348 bullet (higher than the pointed 200 grain Hornaday which are NLA).

They should be perfect for bear!

Hope he gets better quick, sounds like he's already set. I'm still not 100%, but I'm not letting it stop me, it's probably just allergies.
Awesome you got a deal on the pipe and all, that stuff ain't cheap. I spent 800 on the stuff for my chimney, it's very short, and that was back in 2010. Wonder what it would cost these days :envy:.
Look forward to seeing your progress, getting a roof over it will sure be nice.

Not sure about that.
I've seen a few of them on different things thru the yrs.

Like an AR 😅.

What a beauty.
Dad's got a small barrel skeet 101, nice little shooter.

Perty!
My chimney on the house is 19' not including the cap. I had right around $2k into it with the dura vent insualted triple walled pipe in 2021. this selkirk pipe I just got is supposed to meet the same classifications/ratings and is double walled. The pipe section I got feels quite heavy vs the dura vent triple walled, but it's a smaller outer diameter. Hopefully the insurance company doesn't pitch a fit about it. They said to use triple wall when I called about the house chimney.

My chimney on the house is 19' not including the cap. I had right around $2k into it with the dura vent insualted triple walled pipe in 2021. this selkirk pipe I just got is supposed to meet the same classifications/ratings and is double walled. The pipe section I got feels quite heavy vs the dura vent triple walled, but it's a smaller outer diameter. Hopefully the insurance company doesn't pitch a fit about it. They said to use triple wall when I called about the house chimney.
I think my pipe is 12 or 13', I bought an extra 1' piece to help the draft in the shoulder season/because my wood wasn't seasoned well. I've learned a lot since then.
The brand I bought is security iirc, it's only a double wall inside and out, and their brand of thru the roof section. It's a bit different because the inside section has slots at the bottom and top that allow more heat out of the pipe into the house. When I looked up the code it said double wall for a trailer, so I tried to find something that was double walled and would put off the most heat. At the time it was quite expensive pipe, but it still looks great except the rust on the outside right by the woodburner from the water we put on the top(splashes drops onto it). I plan on redoing the stove and probably the pipe when I start remodeling the house, but the barn is first and the next round of cars.

Didn't take these pictures to show the engraving, but if you can expand them, you can see it:

Since Matt mentioned it!

Took my 1st 3 deer with this rifle.
Very nice! Also nice to see an aperture sight... so misunderstood and underrated in this "must have a scope" era.

Were you using vegetable oil for the chain? I've heard it turns to a plastic consistency if it's not cleaned off after use.
No, but that's close. I haven't used the saw in a year or more. Last time I used it I was milling. Chain razor sharp, throwing nice chips. But, milling creates a lot of powder like saw dust. I pulled the brake cover off and I could see more saw dust under one side of the band than the other. I snapped the brake on and off and little bits fell out. Put the tube on a can of brake clean and sprayed it in the gap between the band and clutch bell. As it was washing the goop out, I could see the band going back to round. When crud quit running out the bell spun easy peasy. Learned a lesson. Gotta clean out behind that cover, and saw dust and oil, no matter how good of oil you use, will start to solidify with time. Getting ready to put the 660 to use on another big Cherry at my daughters house.

No, but that's close. I haven't used the saw in a year or more. Last time I used it I was milling. Chain razor sharp, throwing nice chips. But, milling creates a lot of powder like saw dust. I pulled the brake cover off and I could see more saw dust under one side of the band than the other. I snapped the brake on and off and little bits fell out. Put the tube on a can of brake clean and sprayed it in the gap between the band and clutch bell. As it was washing the goop out, I could see the band going back to round. When crud quit running out the bell spun easy peasy. Learned a lesson. Gotta clean out behind that cover, and saw dust and oil, no matter how good of oil you use, will start to solidify with time. Getting ready to put the 660 to use on another big Cherry at my daughters house.
Nice! Glad you figured it out. It sure sounded like the band was somehow adhered to the drum.

Back