Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that sounds like a heck of a good time! Have fun and be safe!
Thank you!

They started felling and chipping brush today and at the rate Chucker works I would bet a good amount of the trees will already be on the ground by night fall.

There's a little friendly competition on whether a 2186 with square file can take on a 390 with hand filed round......We shall see :)

Regardless, I get all of the wood :D :D :D

Doing some cutting with @chucker and a couple of his buddies tomorrow. Sounds like we have a couple of cords of aspen and maple plus a little pine to buck up. Will be lots of orange and red saws singing at once.

Sure sounds like a photo op to me , better be a bunch of pics !

Scrounged up a new Fiskars today, not the maul, not here yet, but a curved trim saw I want to use on my fruit trees. No real scabbard with it though, but the price was right, 21 clams.
Nice!

You don't know how many times I've looked at their folding saws at Walmart, even put it in the cart one time!

I have a couple of basic, folding 'camper saws' that work OK if kept sharp. Easy to do with a triangular file from the hardware store (if they don't have induction hardened teeth).

I also have a Silky (Japanese) folding saw that is a completely different category - was a birthday present a few years back. It has 'tri-edge' teeth that require a special 'feather file' to sharpen. Bought one to use eventually, but have not gotten to that point yet.

Philbert

a "zogger wood" wood saw if i ever saw one.:laughing:

heheheh, yep, for a biodrive one!

I think this is the best on the market right now for zogger wood, powered version. I asked them if they would make a gas one, but they said they aren't going to be making any gas tools, just electric. The plug in one works reallly well, the batt one making it portable to the field should be pretty slick. I know they look hokey, but use one for maybe three cuts and you go, wow cool!

https://www.worx.com/en-US/20V-Cordless-JawSaw.aspx

Nice!

You don't know how many times I've looked at their folding saws at Walmart, even put it in the cart one time!

I have one of those, too, but this one has a much longer blade and a better grip/handle. Nice backpack/pocket saw. the folders, but small. This one was on the shelf at big orange but sorta hidden, I had to ask the guy if they had a curved blade hand saw and he goes..hmm, I think so, and we found it.

Well as I said somewhere, I have more wood than needed for a while, but it wouldn't keep me from getting more.
Looked at this yesterday and though "Black Locust:sweet:" and all cleaned up and ready to go.
I made a call since I had done some favors up at the school I was cleared to grab it up in about 20min:clap:.
If I could get my scrounge on like this every day I would quit my job, oh wait I did that a long time ago:surprised3:.20160107_163058.jpg20160107_163115.jpg20160107_163130.jpg20160107_172559.jpg My little trailer tires were squatting a little bit but it rode nice and solid.

Back