Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read a nice description of big snows..it means french toast! Quick go out and buy milk, bread and eggs!

Around here, all the big truck 4wd guys (who never lived up north...) find out mud tires and not much weight in the back suck on icy and snowy roads...

..my boss never learns, he'll just go drive in it and get stuck someplace and calls for help..in-evitable.

Yeh, and the hospital birthing rooms are over loaded 9 months later. LOL
I would guess they get filled with plenty of people who get hurt running saws as well:chainsaw:
I notice in our area when the temps get down lower than normal there are plenty of house fires as well:blob2:
It's funny you say that.

At work when a baby is born "Lullabye" is played over the over head system.

Late summer/early fall there are times when it seems that it is played non stop. Do the math real quick and it usually points to some winter event. Lol

The last couple years, the non stop Polar Vortices have been quite the population producer.

Oh I have no worries about the snow. Just still amazed how they shut school downs because of an inch of snow. I have the wood stove and propane stove so losing power is no big deal. My heart is skipping a beat thinking about all the downed trees I can cut. I'll stack firewood in every single in-law's yard lol.
That's how it was when I lived north of Nashville TN(not MI, that's another story).
It was great to get out and go play and laugh at the people who had no idea how to drive in it.
The transmission shops and body shops parking lots were filled to the brim with ignorant peoples vehicles:envy:
I would just drive around and......Screenshot_2015-11-25-14-55-59.png

1. Go home for lunch break from work (I have a 6 min commute)
2. Stoke fire
3. Wander out to garage for the other 50 minutes...think "you know, I haven't started any of my saws in about two weeks!"
4. Proceed to start and "warm up" (aka piss rev) 5 saws, thoroughly impressed that each one started in less than 5 pulls total. Continue to enthusiastically rev piss.
5. Begrudgingly go back to work, stinking like two-stroke smoke with a big grin on my face. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing really to add, just want to be on the "Page of the Damned" also.:D

1. Go home for lunch break from work (I have a 6 min commute)
2. Stoke fire
3. Wander out to garage for the other 50 minutes...think "you know, I haven't started any of my saws in about two weeks!"
4. Proceed to start and "warm up" (aka piss rev) 5 saws, thoroughly impressed that each one started in less than 5 pulls total. Continue to enthusiastically rev piss.
5. Begrudgingly go back to work, stinking like two-stroke smoke with a big grin on my face. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 reminds me of when I was out west snowmobiling in Cooke City MT years ago.

We got back to the hotel after supper and you could smell the wonderful odor of Race Gas and Klotz BEFORE we were well back to our room.

LOL, opened the door to the room and Holee Schmolee she was pungent from our clothes.:eek:

Nothing really to add, just want to be on the "Page of the Damned" also.:D

#5 reminds me of when I was out west snowmobiling in Cooke City MT years ago.

We got back to the hotel after supper and you could smell the wonderful odor of Race Gas and Klotz BEFORE we were well back to our room.

LOL, opened the door to the room and Holee Schmolee she was pungent from our clothes.:eek:
Gotta love the smell of racing fuel:)
My wife loves the smell of two stroke oil, bummer is the synthetic just ain't the same as the old school stuff, sorry honey.

Latest posts

Back