Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't run it yet but this saw is mint otherwise. I'm almost wondering if it was retired because it wouldn't cut worth a darn with this trashed bar?
Funny how something so minor could have happened, but it does everyday. I had the bar on my 550 get twisted a bit today by a log that rolled while I had the bar buried in it, kind of an odd deal. It seems ok, but I didn't cut much with it after that to find out.
That is a nice looking saw, I would like to have one just because they look cool, maybe one day.

Nice job chipper! Looks like a tight spot.
Thanks nate.
The skidding winch on my tractor helped on half of them :yes:.
Those leaners it will surly help. The bummer is i can't just totally stand them up and bring them right straight over. I will have to use the cable to swing them to the side or they will hit the new electric wire. Oh well, it will all be done in a minute, and hopefully nothing will look like that mini van did:omg:.

Well the wood I'll be cutting tomorrow will mostly be dimensional lumber. Have to put the ceiling into my hunting cabin. But I'm hoping to break out a bit and noodle my pile of Norway pine rounds and get them in to the splitting area before the bugs fire up and it gets too hot to be slinging half and quartered rounds through the woods.

Still no wood from the tree guys. They keep sending emails out about possible deliveries. I don't think I'll ever see a dump truck of logs from them.
I know how you feel as I'm in the same boat. You just have to be ready for feast when it comes I guess.

I always try to fill the back of the truck up with dry wood when I have been out. It stacks nicely in the verandah ready to burn straight away.View attachment 502766 View attachment 502767

nice, big backdoor pile ~ I really like it when on a cold night... and time for another log or two... I just have to step outside onto the porch... and pick it and take it in. convenient and handy always works for me... ;)

your firewood pile looks convenient and handy to me...

image.jpeg image.jpeg Happened to notice this nice piece of red fir on the way to the scrounge pile today. Put a new plug in the scrounged 51 and adjusted carb (was too lean) seems to be running well. Landscape company my son works for was hired to haul everything to the dump that was left at a place that sold the 51 was in the pile, was missing starter cover (and it's a husky;)) so my son didn't want it, so it got added to my arsenal. Impressive little saw.

image.jpeg My ultimate scrounge photo, f250 with newer motor and lots of other new parts -$1500, 10 ply cooper tires with less than 500 miles with aluminum rims-$750, tractor supply aluminum tool box-$100, new husky 576-$700, husky 51-free (mostly), fiskars x27-20% off, firewood-free;)

Latest posts

Back