Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pit bulls make me nervous , a 80 year old guy was dismembered while taking his trash out to the dumpster a couple of weeks ago. The dog's owner said they were not aggressive.

Coons are noooooo joke.

I dumped one out of a tree in the backyard a few years ago. At the height of the "dead cat bounce" it righted itself and wanted war when it landed. :eek:

That's a great picture of Sadie.

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was "Ball?."
Ya she was very active dog, right up until the end!!!!!

When I was a kid, and dragging in oddball meat almost daily, my mom goes "OK, I'll cook it if you clean it, and DO NOT tell me what it is"
On this topic....

One time my friend's mom decided there was too much wild game meat in the freezer so she started fryimg it up to feed the dogs.

One bag didn't contain meat but rather beaver castors and that went into the frying pan as well. He came home to find his mom standing outside with every window in the house open (it was the middle of winter). She says I don't know what the H... you had in there but even the dogs won't touch that S...!!!

I cannot even fathom how bad that must have smelled.

All right, took some time off, then back at it! WTF..hey, someone stole oakzilla...err wait, there it is stacked up by the barn. Add five cord to that pile in your mind (minus a little from another oak in upper left stacked), that was the entire tree, minus a coupla trailer loads of branches I hauled to the ravine.

Why yess...that's a LOTTA WOOD from one tree. ya, I know it isn't a PNW giant reddogfirwood, but for an east coast tree..mambo!

Next pics after that, had to do cleanup in the creek and lower pasture, here is a progression, one, two then total take on three batteries with the oregon saw. Mixed, dogwood, black walnut, ash, sweetberry.

Attachments

• IMG_20160905_183833.jpg
    IMG_20160905_183833.jpg
    978 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20160905_193319.jpg
    IMG_20160905_193319.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20160905_193724.jpg
    IMG_20160905_193724.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20160909_125731.jpg
    IMG_20160909_125731.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20160909_132026.jpg
    IMG_20160909_132026.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20160909_140814.jpg
    IMG_20160909_140814.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 53
All right, took some time off, then back at it! WTF..hey, someone stole oakzilla...err wait, there it is stacked up by the barn. Add five cord to that pile in your mind (minus a little from another oak in upper left stacked), that was the entire tree, minus a coupla trailer loads of branches I hauled to the ravine.

Why yess...that's a LOTTA WOOD from one tree. ya, I know it isn't a PNW giant reddogfirwood, but for an east coast tree..mambo!

Next pics after that, had to do cleanup in the creek and lower pasture, here is a progression, one, two then total take on three batteries with the oregon saw. Mixed, dogwood, black walnut, ash, sweetberry.
Looking good. I'm sure you will be ready to hoist a cool one once you process the rest of that!

Looking good. I'm sure you will be ready to hoist a cool one once you process the rest of that!

Man, all sledge and wedge mostly..proly take me all winter off and on, I have other stacks to process plus started cutting more mixed today. Neighbor up the street is getting most of oakzilla, I am just keeping the primo heartwood, it lasts the longest. I am three years ahead for both of us now, either already stacked or will be. Double man..making upwards of 25 cent an hour! Easy money!

err..wait...I am a neuron.....oh well, good thing I like doing it!

I don't sweat in this heat, it's more like someone just turns a tap on...

Holy crap that's a lot of wood.

Those sections are crazy big!

I bet those are doable by hand. Not an easy win but doable.

That little Oregon electric saw is sweet!!!!

I was very impressed by @Philbert 's when I ran it a couple years ago at a gtg.

I'm glad to see you surface and post. I was wondering if all was ok since I hadn't seen anything from you in a while.

Yard Sailin this morning , scrounged up one of these for 10$ :)

Ochsenkopf-SPALT-FIX-Axt-2500-g-Eschenstiel-80-cm.jpg

Got back home after lunch and went out to start cutting the house lot for the wood , spent a couple of hours on it before supper and an hour after .

IMG_20160910_145626.jpg

I like my drive to the office LOL
After dropping a bunch of trees I was starting to run out of working room and didn't want to lose any logs so I fired up Ol'Blue .

IMG_20160910_182135.jpg

IMG_20160910_182150.jpg

IMG_20160910_193840.jpg

Still have some left to drag out on the other side of the big brushpile but I was loosing daylight so I called it quits for today .

IMG_20160910_192532.jpg

A ways to go yet but I put a dent in it , more hardwood there than I expected , looking forward to the final count when completed :)

Back