Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I've seen much bigger versions of these before but like I can remember where. This little guy had medication from the vet's in it, you would have to fill it up nearly 16 times just to get a gallon of 40:1. I only share it give some of you guys an idea, I think it would work slicker than snot if you could find one in a 6 ouncish version.

IMG_20160419_214533397.jpg

I don't get e free, but always get hi test (93 octane) and mix it with 2 cycle oil (which has stabilizers) right away. I generally figure my mix is good for at least 3 months. Have never had any fuel related issues. I currently (and for a while now) mix AMSOIL Saber at 40:1. When I ripped 044#1 down to delete the base gasket, there was a real nice coating of oil on the piston.

What I am doing works, and I have no plans to change.

> and I have no plans to change

"that's ma story... and I'm stickin' to it!"

;)

I store my funnel up side down on a paper towel with another paper towel over it.

And my daughters are 31 & 37! Don't blink your eyes!

I keep my funnels with paper towel wapsed up inside, and in plastic freezer bag and then in another bag... sometimes I filter my saw fuel 2 and 3 times... and always before going in... thru funnel and one of those super small micron sized sieve-like fuel filters... I figger if I get it so only the smallest of the smallest minute crud is there... will flow right on thru the jets and needles and ports... so far so good! :)

I store my funnel up side down on a paper towel with another paper towel over it.
I 'collect' a few of those disposable, paper funnels each time I have to pay inside at the gas station. Especially useful for draining bar and chain oil back into the jug.

Philbert

That's what I use, a big syringe 100ml.... Just over 3 FL Oz in your money. You know metric systems make ratio calcs straightforward guys, you should try it some time.
I also add fuel stabiliser. All our pump fuel is E10, even the premium. I use premium though anyway, 98 RON.... although we calculate Octane numbers differently to you guys too so that's not as high as it seems to you I think.

You are a genius. I have tons of those around with a second kiddo on the way.
No genius here just use what works for me. Been mixing fuel for years with them for many different applications just measure oil and pour in your gas can then measure your additive, swirl it around and dump it. Cleans bottle real good, no funnels no rags no messing around, put cap on and done. Like the other guys said enjoy them kids when their young they grow up quick. Mine are 36 and 26 and I now have to scrounge my bottles off my grandkids.

I'll get some pictures later of the punishment, but your right, and I suffer greatly as I try hard to continue to do them:).
I forgot to hit post reply last night, I was a bit tired lol. Any way enjoy, and if you guys have any tips for repairing the trail/road so it doesn't have big ole ruts forever that would be good to. I haven't found gravel on site yet only sand:(.
I promised I'd get a few pictures of my most recent punishment for cutting up that ash for the woman who had some stolen. I went by there today and there was not much there, almost as if someone stole what was there - a few pieces :rare2:. I will give her a call and see. If someone did I will go over there and find some more to cut up for her.
I am a gluten for punishment:surprised3:.
Went to rescue my buddy at the 50 acres because he was "checking to see how dry it was". He was stuck bad.
Then I managed to get stuck myself :omg:.
Oh well, we managed to get it out with a come a long. Then I went back to the house a little later and grabed the Kubota and pulled him out. It wasn't easy, about an hr and a half.20160418_170757.jpg 20160418_170807.jpg Here's the tractor before, then after playing out there it was a good bit dirtier. I had mud up right by the step. I really wanted to drive right through the hole but I had the skidding winch on and didn't want to get hung up on it, that would have been a :dumb: move.1461026584814.jpg1461070827830.jpg

Attachments

• 20160418_170807.jpg
    20160418_170807.jpg
    809.8 KB · Views: 5
I forgot to hit post reply last night, I was a bit tired lol. Any way enjoy, and if you guys have any tips for repairing the trail/road so it doesn't have big ole ruts forever that would be good to. I haven't found gravel on site yet only sand:(.
I promised I'd get a few pictures of my most recent punishment for cutting up that ash for the woman who had some stolen. I went by there today and there was not much there, almost as if someone stole what was there - a few pieces :rare2:. I will give her a call and see. If someone did I will go over there and find some more to cut up for her.
Went to rescue my buddy at the 50 acres because he was "checking to see how dry it was". He was stuck bad.
Oh well, we managed to get it out with a come a long. Then I went back to the house a little later and grabed the Kubota and pulled him out. It wasn't easy, about an hr and a half.View attachment 499329 View attachment 499331 Here's the tractor before, then after playing out there it was a good bit dirtier. I had mud up right by the step. I really wanted to drive right through the hole but I had the skidding winch on and didn't want to get hung up on it, that would have been a :dumb: move.View attachment 499357View attachment 499358

Embrace the mud! Sport! HAHAHAHAHA!

Embrace the mud! Sport! HAHAHAHAHA!
I have, it's the trucks that haven't lol.
That trail is the one we normally use to access the property, we may have to open up the top where the landing was when it was logged off last yr. I already cleaned it up and graded it off last yr. This summer when things dry up(lol) we will be cleaning up the wood at the landing area and more of the 162 tops.
He was stuck at almost the lowest spot in this picture on the left. It's right where I have the grade set to get the water off the trail, basically one of the worse spots he could have gotten off the trail:numberone:.20150819_111357.jpg
Here's a shot of a spot farther down the grade right in front of the creek I cleaned up. Must be 10yrds of muck there in the pile, it goes back a ways. That is some of the best soil you can get for a garden :).
Just not much fun when it fills your tires and it's wet:).
20150826_141412.jpg20150826_141302.jpg

Oh well, we managed to get it out with a come a long. Then I went back to the house a little later and grabed the Kubota and pulled him out. It wasn't easy, about an hr and a half.View attachment 499329 View attachment 499331 Here's the tractor before, then after playing out there it was a good bit dirtier. I had mud up right by the step. I really wanted to drive right through the hole but I had the skidding winch on and didn't want to get hung up on it, that would have been a :dumb: move.View attachment 499357View attachment 499358

Hey Chipper 1 are you happy with your Kubota winch? Can you run it without a operator on the tractor? I have a skid steer, but can not be in two places at once. That has been my problem. I keep going back to my old 10hp donkey, but it is not automatic yet. BTW since I use Gatorade I save the little scoops to measure my Lucas Oil. I have had great luck mixing about 3 or 4 quarts at a time in one quart containers. This way my mix is always fresh. Thanks

I don't get e free, but always get hi test (93 octane) and mix it with 2 cycle oil (which has stabilizers) right away. I generally figure my mix is good for at least 3 months. Have never had any fuel related issues. I currently (and for a while now) mix AMSOIL Saber at 40:1. When I ripped 044#1 down to delete the base gasket, there was a real nice coating of oil on the piston.

What I am doing works, and I have no plans to change.

With the amount you cut and all the big thirsty saws you have I dont think a 1-2 gallons would last very long let alone 3 months will unless it is tax season.

Back