Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, it's a very beautiful place about 20 miles away.View attachment 501161

Ya sure fun to cut with 576, trying out my "new" 51 last time. Burn on trees here is from brush piles burned to close to them last fall.

looks like the Ponderosa to me... :)

Got the Mac assembled and it fired on the second pull. Darn recoil spring got sucked in to the housing so I got to rewind that SOB and put enough of a hook into the end so it stays put. Fired it up and after some minor adjustments she's ready to go.

I'll put the bar on this week and do some test cuts. I'll try to get a video too.

image.jpeg

Brett, you could fill that bucket in my backyard on a good night.
Thanks Ben.
The problem is that we left at 9pm and were home by 10pm. If we spent the same amount of time at your place we would not have been home til 11:15, and that's a little late on a school night. Not for the kids, but for my wife :laugh:.

View attachment 501179 Scrounge of a different kind today. Couple free ducks to go with the poor lonely drake I've had in with my chickens. Been hacking away at my log pile when I haven't been hacking away (horrible man cold) The work is piling up and everything is getting greener!
Sorry to hear about the cough, mine is finally gone:clap:. About 6-7 weeks, never have I had a cough that long. My rib that was dislocated from the coughing is still sore though.
Prayers sent for you WN.

Got the Mac assembled and it fired on the second pull. Darn recoil spring got sucked in to the housing so I got to rewind that SOB and put enough of a hook into the end so it stays put. Fired it up and after some minor adjustments she's ready to go.

I'll put the bar on this week and do some test cuts. I'll try to get a video too.

View attachment 501257
That is a bummer, had that on a kids quad last summer.
It's getting listed this week, my boy just stepped up to a TRX90.

Sorry to bring it up, but the table still has a lot on it:laugh:.
Well at least you didn't get the suburban dirty hauling wood:laughing:.

What do you use for your videos, utube?
That video of the 044 took forever to load.

That is a bummer, had that on a kids quad last summer.
It's getting listed this week, my boy just stepped up to a TRX90.

Sorry to bring it up, but the table still has a lot on it:laugh:.
Well at least you didn't get the suburban dirty hauling wood:laughing:.

What do you use for your videos, utube?
That video of the 044 took forever to load.
Just YouTube?

I went out yesterday to add to my meagre pile of firewood .
I had a pine tree that I blocked up (WTF was I thinking) so I drug out the tractor and winched the blocks to the trailer .
Drug them out using some antique log dogs .

IMG_20160501_140527.jpg

IMG_20160501_131154.jpg

IMG_20160501_140423.jpg

IMG_20160501_140512.jpg

I had to half a few rounds to get them loaded , I gave 1/2 the load away , he wanted to pay me , I told him when I pay for the wood he could pay me , until then I won't take any money .
Brought the other half home and split it up .

IMG_20160501_152543.jpg

IMG_20160501_152522.jpg

IMG_20160501_163105.jpg

IMG_20160501_164631.jpg

IMG_20160501_165745.jpg

Still a little wet .

IMG_20160501_164624.jpg

It was a great day
smiley.png

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

My project for the day and tomorrow morning was the intake gasket on my suburban(those have av right;)).
Not the fun-nest thing, but considering I haven't done anything but basic stuff to it since I got it, I'm not about to complain.
I am going to go back out for a few minutes and organize things so I'm ready in the morning.
Also, the step I've been using to stand on while working on this beast was scrounged on a trash day from someone's trash. I figured it would be great for when I pressure was the cars to get up a bit higher.
Also managed to catch this little scrounger. The picture was taken with him on the step I was talking about.
Check out how long the tail is and how long the back legs are, looked like a kangaroo. I probably killed and endangered mouse:baba:. Anyone ever seen one like it before.20160502_201139.jpg20160502_191854.jpg

My project for the day and tomorrow morning was the intake gasket on my suburban(those have av right;)).
Not the fun-nest thing, but considering I haven't done anything but basic stuff to it since I got it, I'm not about to complain.
I am going to go back out for a few minutes and organize things so I'm ready in the morning.
Also, the step I've been using to stand on while working on this beast was scrounged on a trash day from someone's trash. I figured it would be great for when I pressure was the cars to get up a bit higher.
Also managed to catch this little scrounger. The picture was taken with him on the step I was talking about.
Check out how long the tail is and how long the back legs are, looked like a kangaroo. I probably killed and endangered mouse:baba:. Anyone ever seen one like it before.View attachment 501409View attachment 501410
Figured it out, it was a meadow jumping mouse.
There is also a woodland jumping mouse that looks almost the same but has a white tip on the tail.
It is not an endangered species :).
That being said they do not seem to be a nuisance so I would not have killed it if I knew that:(.
They live in holes in the ground that have multiple rooms, not in my house with multiple rooms lol.
I guess it is rare to see one in the wild and there are only up to 10 in a 10+ acre area except the first month when they are born.
Thought you guys might want to know all that, I love learning myself.

350 husky, p and c arrived yesterday.
Nice, I forgot about that one. Did you go with the 346 P&C.
That should be a piece of cake after working on the little mac.
From what I have seen, they are just like a 353 when cutting. The only major difference is the air filter access.
I love the 353, a little better lower end torque(if that can be said for a 50cc saw lol) than the 346.
I also like the 450 rancher which is a tad less on power than what yours should be, and only has one bar nut(worked just fine for me though).
Let us know how it goes. I have a 353 I may do also as I bought it scored, we'll see.

Latest posts

Back