Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slit wood this morning, the pile is growing! In the afternoon, dropped 3 trees, all very tall (& some smaller ones). A 16" diam Shag Bark Hickory, a 30" daim Red Oak, and a 26" diam Smooth Bark Hickory.

Did not have time to cut them up, just did a little limbing. Sorry no pics, I was too busy! Also, I'll be away for the WE up at the cabin!

He is putting a pool in, and he and the wife did not want the trees!

Slit wood this morning, the pile is growing! In the afternoon, dropped 3 trees, all very tall (& some smaller ones). A 16" diam Shag Bark Hickory, a 30" daim Red Oak, and a 26" diam Smooth Bark Hickory.

Did not have time to cut them up, just did a little limbing. Sorry no pics, I was too busy! Also, I'll be away for the WE up at the cabin!

He is putting a pool in, and he and the wife did not want the trees!
Sounds like nice trees.

I may try to get some boards out of them. I got so much firewood cut & split, and demand likely will be soft this year as no one burned what they had last year.

I split a bunch of Black Birch again this morning, I swear that stuff is as stringy as Elm! Glad I'm not doing it by hand, that stuff would drive me nuts!

Some more followed me home yesterday. New stuff is sitting on the ends. Got to get some splitting in this week. This stuff won't be burned until we start arguing about the 2020 election.
348b3f3283c31d4152f09dc34c7e2a7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys it'sbeen a while. I have been quite busy as my wife just finished up the school season teaching.
We were coming back from Ohio yesterday and I got a call that I the tree company I get wood from had some excess they needed out of a site. No problem I'm on it. So I stopped by the house and got the suburban and trailer and off we went.View attachment 509358View attachment 509359 I have also scrounged up a few saws recently. So I bet you guys can guess what the plan is for today :chainsaw::chop::havingarest:.View attachment 509360View attachment 509361

good pix, chipster... I guess it's true... you are always in the chips! ;)

Latest posts

Back