Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT, Love & Hate
My 029 Super to 039 conversion is breaking my nads.
That Chinese short block , (supposed to be press/vac tested) leaked like a sieve.
Pulled it down and found the piston had scored, ran lean. Couldn't get the mixture right.
Did get it cleaned up and almost have it back together again. Just have to mount the clutch, FW and carb, easy stuff.
I'm getting to hate that saw. I think grandson Mikey needs an other Stihl. He likes them.
Back to wood, I went down to the brook and cleaned up some of that mess the beavers made when they clear cut the back lot, lot of Zogger wood and did find couple dead standing I'll get to later, after I finish splitting that Tree Service dropped off wood.
A trailer load at a time, split and stack only four more cord and I'll be looking for more wood.
Mikey, grandpa needs more wood. I love that kid.

Shark Week on TV, I hate sharks, don't tell me how cute they are, just tell me which one are good to eat.

FREDM, Oxford

OT, Love & Hate
My 029 Super to 039 conversion is breaking my nads.
That Chinese short block , (supposed to be press/vac tested) leaked like a sieve.
Pulled it down and found the piston had scored, ran lean. Couldn't get the mixture right.
Did get it cleaned up and almost have it back together again. Just have to mount the clutch, FW and carb, easy stuff.
I'm getting to hate that saw. I think grandson Mikey needs an other Stihl. He likes them.
Back to wood, I went down to the brook and cleaned up some of that mess the beavers made when they clear cut the back lot, lot of Zogger wood and did find couple dead standing I'll get to later, after I finish splitting that Tree Service dropped off wood.
A trailer load at a time, split and stack only four more cord and I'll be looking for more wood.
Mikey, grandpa needs more wood. I love that kid.

Shark Week on TV, I hate sharks, don't tell me how cute they are, just tell me which one are good to eat.

FREDM, Oxford

tuna better! but :wtf: no beaver pond pix?..... ;) hate to hear about that 'overseas' aftermarket stuff...

Enjoy the green, Nate. We'll be dry and krispy out here before you know it! Nice load of pine there.

great background scenery, too! hard not to like that kind of stuff! looks like could be some good deer hunting as well... in them draws and hills... good pix. enjoyed it... bike and all lol

Big sky's up here today :)
Since winter is just around the corner I figured I'd better get some wood hauled roadside for pickup at a later date .

IMG_20160626_105645.jpg

IMG_20160626_112819.jpg

IMG_20160626_105636.jpg

Sugar maple and a stick of birch in one pile , 3 pine and a black spruce in the other .

Logger nate, those logs look perfect for Swedish candles. Standing dead work really well. People around here charge $10 to 25 each for them. Google Swedish Candles for more pictures and info. Selling 2 candles per cord would pay for your permit pretty quick. I've been burning cedar ones lately.
candle1.jpg candle2.jpg

Logger nate, those logs look perfect for Swedish candles. Standing dead work really well. People around here charge $10 to 25 each for them. Google Swedish Candles for more pictures and info. Selling 2 candles per cord would pay for your permit pretty quick. I've been burning cedar ones lately.
View attachment 510215 View attachment 510216
Thanks cantoo, I'll have to look into that, never seen anyone use them here, might be a good seller.

Good to see you fellers still scroungin'. I don't know how you guy's do it in the heat some of you are having. Been nice up here, highs in the 70's and 40's at night. No humidity and and a cool breeze out of Canada. We are in a drought, so the black flies have just about disappeared up on the "hill" and the tree's are skiddin' out to the landing easy. Don't get much better than this summer.

Good to see you fellers still scroungin'. I don't know how you guy's do it in the heat some of you are having. Been nice up here, highs in the 70's and 40's at night. No humidity and and a cool breeze out of Canada. We are in a drought, so the black flies have just about disappeared up on the "hill" and the tree's are skiddin' out to the landing easy. Don't get much better than this summer.
You can have some of our rain! We've had 9.5 inches in the last three weeks! And it's raining again.

I was wondering how much rain you were getting. I have seen radar indicating heavy rain and storms hitting northern MN.
It's been unreal. Lots of windstorms too.

A good friend and some of his friends were camping and had a 20" diameter white pine crash on their tent this weekend. He and another were injured but it's an act of God that they didn't die.

Latest posts

Back