Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard the most poisonous creatures in Australia are the Port Phillip and Sydney real estate speculators. ;)
So you’ve heard about our bubble? The median house price for an average house in an average suburb (which is nothing special) is $1.175m Aud ($900k usd). We currently have 350 cranes in Sydney building apartments. We’ve had 30 years of falling interest rates and currently hold the world record for length without a recession.
It can only end one way IMHO.
We bought our house ten years ago, at the time the median price was $580k. On paper when I do the math I’ve earned $1,144 per week on the appreciation.

We don't need no water let the mother plucker burn. Burn mutha plucker. Burn.

That's how I feel about the utterly atrocious misappropriation of resources towards speculative passive wealth creation. In the long run, it hollows out a country's productive capacity and in many cases sovereignty. It'll crash in my lifetime and I'll tell everyone who doesn't want to hear me, "I told you so" while asking them what are they going to do to avoid the same "calamity" from bringing their kids to their knees.

In many cases the horse has already bolted and there is no way of getting it back in the stable.

I took it as the saw was too lean so now it's adjusted to be richer.

What am I missing? Saw was running rich not leaning out. I was bottomed out on the high limiter. He agreed, pulled the limiter and allowed it to go another half turn. I apparently don't understand something.

We don't need no water let the mother plucker burn. Burn mutha plucker. Burn.

That's how I feel about the utterly atrocious misappropriation of resources towards speculative passive wealth creation. In the long run, it hollows out a country's productive capacity and in many cases sovereignty. It'll crash in my lifetime and I'll tell everyone who doesn't want to hear me, "I told you so" while asking them what are they going to do to avoid the same "calamity" from bringing their kids to their knees.

In many cases the horse has already bolted and there is no way of getting it back in the stable.

Agreed, one way or another it will all sort it self out. The only problem is those who can least afford it will bear the brunt of paying it all off.

Agreed, one way or another it will all sort it self out. The only problem is those who can least afford it will bear the brunt of paying it all off.
Absolutely. And there has been at least one or two generations responsible for doing SFA about it until it manifests upon the most vulnerable. We are a disgracefully selfish and short-sighted phalanx.

What am I missing? Saw was running rich not leaning out. I was bottomed out on the high limiter. He agreed, pulled the limiter and allowed it to go another half turn. I apparently don't understand something.
Sorry I read it backwards. Every saw with limiters that I've owned was was too lean from the factory.

Sorry I read it backwards. Every saw with limiters that I've owned was was too lean from the factory.

I doubt you are the one who has it backwards. Limiter limit how rich you can make it, it is an EPA thing. They do not prevent you from going lean and burning up your saw.

View attachment 636563 does anyone know what kind of tree this is? View attachment 636565 it' growing out of this big piece that split off the main tree long ago. Iv seen mulberry do this but it' not mulberry.
Smaller trunks definitely look like cherry. But that is a huge base to be a cherry tree. Seems like they normally top out at around 18" diameter but appears yours is a double leader that are both well over that diameter.

Latest posts

Back