Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mate Mitch has a big mystery meat tree down that he has already topped. He's not sure what it is but it's not a peppermint since he knows those. Probably either a blue gum or a white (manna gum or candlebark) gum since there's not much else on his farm. Blue gum is denser but ashier than the other two and manna gum is a little better than candlebark, so hoping for sweet manna :sweet: . I have the boys all sharpened up and ready to get into it tomorrow.

My mate Mitch has a big mystery meat tree down that he has already topped. He's not sure what it is but it's not a peppermint since he knows those. Probably either a blue gum or a white (manna gum or candlebark) gum since there's not much else on his farm. Blue gum is denser but ashier than the other two and manna gum is a little better than candlebark, so hoping for sweet manna :sweet: . I have the boys all sharpened up and ready to get into it tomorrow.
Mill it or see if someone wants to and leave you with a slab to play with:
https://www.lucasmill.com/Sawmilling-Contractors

Shipping is also suffering...two day is turning into five, UPS next day is now three plus the weekend...and Amazon is really bad.

Hopefully my truck parts get here soon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Modifiedmark sent me a box of Homelite parts. I’d have to look but I think he’s in Indiana, took 3 days, and the front end parts for my tractor took 3 days also, from Nashville TN to MD. I ordered them on Tuesday and had them Thursday, so only 2 days in transit. That’s OK, hope it doesn’t get worse.

Baltimore and Tulsa gun shows cancelled. My big honey hole Spring Equipment Auction is cancelled too. Usually see a couple AS guys there, guess we will have to wait till the fall sale.

Cracks me up. I’m one of the ones that won’t change a thing I do. Then I saw a list of the vulnerable people, 60+, yep that’s me. Respiratory problems, yep that’s me. Chronic bronchitis, pneumonia more times than I can count. Taking extra precautions, switched from a 7% IPA to a 9% Voodoo IPA. Only drink with people who avoid Lite Beer.

I wish you tractorless guys would help me out. I have too many tractors. Don't tell my wife but I have eleven tractors! Five of them are 4x4. I would sell the 6 that are 2 wheel drive. A Farmall H and M, JD 3020 diesel with loader, Ford 3000 diesel, Ford Jubilee and a Fordson Major diesel.
Where are you located in SW Wisconsin, @cat10ken

Hope so Mike, but it is looking like, unlike influenza, this virus isn't affected by warmer temps. Or at least the early data from Milan, where they are at 20C, shows no apparent slow down in infection. Also some of the other countries are warm and still being hit. It's in Africa now, Namibia has a confirmed case which likely means it's actually got 1000s of infected.

Herd amunity will start to slow the transmission and bring an end to it but rough guess, it will need 70% of us to catch it. That's about 40 million in the UK. Current fatality rates range between 0.9 and 6%, a well prepared and not overwhelmed health service should achieve the bottom end.... They still means 400 000 deaths in the UK alone. I really hope warmer temps do help, but it's not certain.

Todays scrounge curtesy of the 2166/72. Just picking up the ones that are already falling over. Dang near got stuck in my backyard[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]. These new mudflaps really do a great job of keeping everything off the truck though

5360c4305aff34b0374467c787876cbd.jpg
3a0fe978659c6ea91fe061d9188f0eb4.jpg
e2918d74e70d1fee423ee7e7c897e22c.jpg
55ab2b3698a6878de6a0e0ce851b6ca0.jpg
434095af509eb97d1258c8176c7d583b.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Not for nothing, but it bothers me that folks who are illegal, don't pay taxes and get everything for free are counted the same as tax paying citizens for giving aid.
Not for nothing but it bothers me when corporations making billions of dollars pay no taxes, and individuals who speculate and manipulate pay a lower rate that people who perform physical work or provide services, etc.

But then, we would have to move this to the Political and Religious threads section.

Philbert

I too am predicting that in another month or two this will all be but a memory (due to the warmer weather).
I don't think it's warmer weather actually....think about it, most germs like warm places. I believe I remember one of my professors telling us that it is the increased length of daylight and the resulting increase in UV radiation that kills it off. Germs don't have the complex cells we have with UV protection, so UV light kills them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back