Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one step closer to hauling firewood...this will hopefully keep the wife from throwing a stick through the back window.

Just need to sand, prime, and paint...

I've been focusing on my toy too much to worry about firewood...this light burning season kept my firewood reserves high.
a3bb82bbf0f15c1cb684b081124e7706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm one step closer to hauling firewood...this will hopefully keep the wife from throwing a stick through the back window.

Just need to sand, prime, and paint...

I've been focusing on my toy too much to worry about firewood...this light burning season kept my firewood reserves high.
a3bb82bbf0f15c1cb684b081124e7706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
not with out a mesh or screen !! if its an opening its a open hole for free wood to glass..... it will happen

I fit in gathering, hauling, splitting, and stacking throughout the year too. We ”had” an early season at our mountain place, the snow was gone. Now we just got a foot of snow up there (photo file from webcam was too big too load). I tried. Now I’ll have to wait for that to melt.
I like to just screenshot the images on my computer, I can quickly crop it and I know where to grab the image off my desktop.
If you don't know how to do a "cut/crop screenshot on your computer just google it.
Here's a bucket I got with the girls help today, then we got it into the woodshed. The front middle and back row are done for 21-22 season, whatever is left after this season on the outside wall in the back will also be use that season.
I've been ahead on wood for many yrs, it sure is nice to have it under cover and ahead. Once I finish loading it up I plan on continuing to cut and split a lot more this yr.
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.36.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.37.30 PM.png

Hay chipper,

CH-46’s moving around Flint a lot today.....

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
When the family was out in the woods today I saw a nice black copter making a beeline for Lansing/ area, could have been heading to grand ledge.
I'm sure theres a lot going on right now we don't know about.

G'day scroungers, went out to Mitch's farm again this morning and he gave me a bit more of a guided tour around the place and pointed out plenty of good scrounge that I can get stuck into. How's this for a purty spot?

18th Mar 7.jpg

That's a big fat peppermint log, about 26 inches at the skinny end. I thought it was a blue gum until I started to cut it so it was a nice surprise. I lopped a few rounds off the smaller end with the 661. Some termite action but not much and mostly good wood.

18th Mar 5.jpg

18th Mar 4.jpg

Easy fiskaring.

18th Mar 3.jpg

And of course, there was a hitchhiker in there.

18th Mar 2.jpg

A little under a cube in the back of the Ranger, a great quick scrounge.

18th Mar 1.jpg

There are a number of other logs there for the taking too when I'm done with this one.

:)

We ”had” an early season at our mountain place, the snow was gone. Now we just got a foot of snow up there (photo file from webcam was too big too load). I tried. Now I’ll have to wait for that to melt.

I used a hosting site.

2FF368C9-F96A-4346-AD39-6DF81CA8137A_zps2fzx4gcs.png

Well all three of my “regular” customers have ordered wood. 14 cords total for them plus I want to put up twelve for myself.

The good thing is one of them is only two miles by road from my land, just need to find a couple cords of hardwood there to cut for them. The other two both are ok with aspen so I can get that wherever.

G'day scroungers, went out to Mitch's farm again this morning and he gave me a bit more of a guided tour around the place and pointed out plenty of good scrounge that I can get stuck into. How's this for a purty spot?

View attachment 807988

That's a big fat peppermint log, about 26 inches at the skinny end. I thought it was a blue gum until I started to cut it so it was a nice surprise. I lopped a few rounds off the smaller end with the 661. Some termite action but not much and mostly good wood.

View attachment 807987

View attachment 807986

Easy fiskaring.

View attachment 807985

And of course, there was a hitchhiker in there.

View attachment 807984

A little under a cube in the back of the Ranger, a great quick scrounge.

View attachment 807983

There are a number of other logs there for the taking too when I'm done with this one.

:)
Looking good there cowboy. I wish I was around to help out and cut some of the eucalyptus with you.View attachment 807999
Got a hot fire going tonight of red gum

! probably self taught by experience by watching someone others experience by experiencing one of life's firewooders pitfall's? just like "Not Meeeee"????? lol
Right lol.
When I was a kid I did it to my dad's truck, glad I got that out of the way lol. I've certainly messed up some equipment though.

Has anyone else started getting emails on this thread. I had it watched without email and started getting emails last week, I unsubscribed and then re-watched without again, I just started getting emails again :badpc:.

Latest posts

Back