Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up with the two aspen and seven balsams. The aspen were about a level pickup load. Balsam came out to just shy of 1/3 cord. I threw a lot of the smaller stuff on the brush pile.

The Tommy lift is a great adjustable table.
D586709F-F715-438C-AB4B-B6D745594F61.jpeg
Two Balsam
87E5C211-4EC7-4573-AAEB-ECB734935307.jpeg

The SXL is getting cleaned up for its new owner.
DE53EF6E-B2AF-46D1-AF4C-FBA9C2BB75B0.jpeg
A couple of bumper tie strap chains that are getting “spayed” tomorrow.
287DE56D-C49A-423D-B5EA-12C4499E9B23.jpeg
My son stacked the balsam.
745F8C00-9B13-460E-B5F1-15F400300A9F.jpeg

Ha!

I foresee more Huskies joining the ranks. A 372XP would be awesome, and the maybe a 300 series saw. Still trying to figure out there number/modeling system.
I’m not a fan of their newer stuff. They look too “futuristic”.
I like some of the Jreds too, some of which look really similar to huskies.
Well I know a guy :D.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/duce-built-372xt.341190/#post-7237530The huskys aren't to bad to figure out as far as sizes, but it's more difficult as to which saws are the "semi pro" saws such as the 261(similar to the 262xp), the 359(similar to the 357xp), and the 365(similar to the 372). The semi pro saws are similar in many was with slightly reduced power, but still have a magnesium crankcase, so they are built like the pro saws and can usually be modded to perform the same as the pro saws.
The jreds are nice saws, especially for a recovering stihlhead lol, since they have the straight handle on the top, which most stihl guys are more accustom to. I'm bummed that they aren't making the pro saws any longer under the jred name, they were a great saw for a bit less money than the huskys. The good thing is parts for many of them will be available for quite a while since they are being sold as redmax now.

New nylon vice covers. Im sure you all have seen them but just wanted to share. These also have cut outs at different angles to hold gun parts in at an angle.

2nd sharpening for the day during our scrounging adventures. Neighbor has chickens. He wanted a stump cut shorter and level so the could set a tire full of sand on it for the chickens to sand bath in. Chain was like butter knife after that.[emoji37]
https://www.amazon.com/Vise-Jaws-Mu...able/dp/B018QNM7V2?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1

b362d56b53295de8e17e8b8b3765f6bb.plist

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Nice vice/covers.
Dang that's a great looking setup :rock:.
Looks like you need a bit more hook on that chain.
Where's all that wood, out back?

View attachment 809256View attachment 809255

View attachment 809254

Spent the day helping my arborist friend

Saws were my 193T & his 201TC

Side yard is getting new fill & grass seed once the tree is out. Chipping w/ the grapple hook & the big Vermeer on Monday
Grabbed this for $30 off marketplace. Can’t wait to try my hand at milling.View attachment 809280
That's a heck of a deal.
Stopped at a buddies warehouse today to say hi since I was in the neighborhood.
I was going to take some more pictures, but he had a few customers stop in back to back so maybe another day. I figured some would like to see his milling setup as it's pretty neat.
Anyway I got a few of some slabs before they walked in.
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 9.23.55 PM.png
The slab he's standing by is in the back in this picture for size reference.
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 9.23.00 PM.png
Anyone want to do some scrounging in the junk pile out back lol.
This was "some" of it.
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 9.24.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 9.25.09 PM.png

Talked to widow neighbor the other day and she almost insisted I cut down trees in her woods before everything leafs out. I asked if she wanted anything specific cut and she said the area she can see from the house. Really wasn't much down there but one big ugly snag broken out of the top of a tree. I pulled it down and cut a few poles to burn (in fact some went in the OWB already they were so dry.) After I moved a load with the wheelbarrow, she told me I could drive the truck anywhere I needed to.

Tonight I went back and started on this cherry. Not perfect but should be mostly OK once it's dry. Just happened to be the closest to the yard - her 5 acres were logged and still a ton of tops and other deadfall. 20200321_190619.jpg

Nice vice/covers.
Dang that's a great looking setup :rock:.
Looks like you need a bit more hook on that chain.
Where's all that wood, out back?

I know its a bit shallow. The angle is a bit conservative too.

Husky file guide and a 7/32 file.

Today (After the picture) i added s bit more of an aggressive angle. But the file guide wont let me get any more hook. I may try a 13/64 And see if that gives me a tad more hook.

Thanks for the advice Brett[emoji1303][emoji41]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Haha there was a balcony there before, but it was worn out so I put it down. I’ll maybe build another one this summer, or remove the door, or let it there as an emergency door. I’ll see !

Thats the load furniture with the forklift door.

Latest posts

Back