Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, you can have the CSM next; you've been around here longer.
Can I borrow your bandmill when you buy it? I promise I'll only keep it a year or two :) .

P.S. I try not to be a comedian; no one gets my humor.
Guess I'm gonna need a deposit if you still want to borrow "my" bandmill - he's asking around $7k which is more than I am willing to spend as a casual user. Oh well, looks like more firewood and less projects.

Went fishing with a friend this morning. Last week I cut up a storm blown maple and poplar for him. He thought he should split it for me for all the work I did for him. Lol! His neighbor was there this morning when we came off the lake. He had a 3pt hitch splitter on a kioti tractor. So we split all my wood. This load and another half load, mostly sugar maple. Then went and split all his firepit poplar. Went quick with 3 of us working. Got home and my son helped me start another round stack.
a69f50d3ffbaf9f5f927fa99718b53ce.jpg
26e4fb57ed49d6e549f99c3e1cc9b062.jpg
6ec0cf1434e3c0aa297f6292e5e347ca.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Tech question????

I believe this is an Elm tree and I was hoping someone could confirm this for me?

Also if it is an Elm how does it act on the hinge? I haven't cut any before and I would like to know if it has strong or weak hinge wood. That will help me decide the best way to get it on the ground....

Thanks in advance
b916f4606a70101069f8999618de2d37.jpg
740742c9b53c84d0b07e6a2c5bb89b50.jpg
ae8199a4f429af75ad608eadb4e5997f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tried to find in account settings where to delete my membership. Can't find it so as this was the thread that sparked up the hall monitors to delete my post they should take extra pride in telling the site admin I want to drop my membership as I can't find the button to do so myself. To the good buggers on here, cheers. To the rest, kiss my ass.

Tried to find in account settings where to delete my membership. Can't find it so as this was the thread that sparked up the hall monitors to delete my post they should take extra pride in telling the site admin I want to drop my membership as I can't find the button to do so myself. To the good buggers on here, cheers. To the rest, kiss my ass.
Cheers (Hope I'm a good bugger, Lol) also hope you stick around!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I’m really confused by this, is someone f-ing with you on here? You’ve always been in good standing as far as I’m concerned.

I’m really confused by this, is someone f-ing with you on here? You’ve always been in good standing as far as I’m concerned.
I would imagine it was the post about the investigative reporter & illegals that got someone’s hackles up. It was probably deemed too political & offensive. BUT I don’t know & that’s just a guess

Latest posts

Back