Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got some snow, and some stupid low temperatures going here. Filled my Toro (four stroke) snow thrower up with fuel the other day (non-oxygenated, with some Stabil added), after sitting for most of the year. Started on the first pull.

My old Toro 2-cycle snow throwers would always start on the first 3 pulls, in the same situation; usually on the first or second pull.

Why can’t chainsaws be more like snow throwers?

Philbert

We got some snow, and some stupid low temperatures going here. Filled my Toro (four stroke) snow thrower up with fuel the other day (non-oxygenated, with some Stabil added), after sitting for most of the year. Started on the first pull.

My old Toro 2-cycle snow throwers would always start on the first 3 pulls, in the same situation; usually on the first or second pull.

Why can’t chainsaws be more like snow throwers?

Philbert
Because snow blowers have a prime and chainsaws do not. Squirt a little fuel mix on the air filter and see how easy it is to start.

Because snow blowers have a prime and chainsaws do not. Squirt a little fuel mix on the air filter and see how easy it is to start.
Do you mean a primer bulb vs a purge bulb, many of my saws have purge bulbs, they start pretty quick.
Some saws seem to start much better than others. I grabbed a dolmar 7910 the other, it hadn't been run in a few months, popped on the second pull and was running on the 3rd :rock:.

Morning guys. -30 on the house this morning. Hanging out with coffee now and will run over to the neighbors shop to change oil and rotate tires on the suburban in a bit.

Took a nice gal to the UMD hockey game last night. Third date so things are going well, I think.

How many women are you dating?

Do you mean a primer bulb vs a purge bulb, many of my saws have purge bulbs, they start pretty quick.
Some saws seem to start much better than others. I grabbed a dolmar 7910 the other, it hadn't been run in a few months, popped on the second pull and was running on the 3rd :rock:.

Funny thing, my 193 is the only saw with a primer bulb and it starts within the second pull every time, funny thing.

Some saws seem to start much better than others. I grabbed a dolmar 7910 the other, it hadn't been run in a few months, popped on the second pull and was running on the 3rd :rock:
Some snow blowers have a small pump that puts a small amount of fuel in the carb to start it. I have not seen anything similiar to that on a chainsaw. Plus carbs on snow blowers are usually gravity fed with a float bowl. Chainsaws are not. The carbs on snow blowers work different and are easier to start.

Funny thing, my 193 is the only saw with a primer bulb and it starts within the second pull every time, funny thing.
I have one of those too, a rear handled version, need to get it out and take it for a spin.
Some snow blowers have a small pump that puts a small amount of fuel in the carb to start it. I have not seen anything similiar to that on a chainsaw. Plus carbs on snow blowers are usually gravity fed with a float bowl. Chainsaws are not. The carbs on snow blowers work different and are easier to start.
I have quite a few with purge bulbs, they start much better than those without.
My backpack blower has a purge bulb, it starts on the second or third pull and the tank is quite a bit lower than the carb.
There was a dolmar I've read about on AS that had a fuel circuit specifically to help them start, many guys reported them starting on the first of second pull, can't remember the model number.

I have one of those too, a rear handled version, need to get it out and take it for a spin.

My backpack blower has a purge bulb, it starts on the second or third pull and the tank is quite a bit lower than the carb.
There was a dolmar I've read about on AS that had a fuel circuit specifically to help them start, many guys reported them starting on the first of second pull, can't remember the model number.

I forgot to add the funny part, I've never used the primer bulb before starting the saw. It's entirely unnecessary. :laugh:

You are correct I forgot about the Dolmar injection system that they developed for their saws.
I should have remembered that since I have a couple of them. When working correctly they always started on 1 or 2 pulls. I Believe one is a 120 Si and the other I have I believe is a 111i. I think there are other models that used it also.

How many women are you dating?
Depends what you call dating.

I’ve been out with this gal three times total since mid November. It’s not moving fast however it’s moving and she does possess what I’m looking for in a long term relationship. Been on a few dates with others too but nothing serious (aka physical) with any of these gals.

I had my fun this summer and now it’s time to find one that would be worthy of bringing home to mom if mom was still alive.

Depends what you call dating.

I’ve been out with this gal three times total since mid November. It’s not moving fast however it’s moving and she does possess what I’m looking for in a long term relationship. Been on a few dates with others too but nothing serious (aka physical) with any of these gals.

I had my fun this summer and now it’s time to find one that would be worthy of bringing home to mom if mom was still alive.
What is it that she possesses? Plenty of chain saws???

I used to have a MS460 that popped on the first pull every time, no matter how long I let it sit. Pained me to sell it, but I had stronger running ones, and I had brought it back from the dead with the intention of selling it.

I think it has to do with how tight the saw and fuel system are ... if it maintains just the right pressure at rest, everything works well. The seals, vent cap, etc all have to work just right. It is kinda rare for it to happen.

Cute, blonde, great body, gainfully employed, seems to have good financial sense, good values, calm, kind, not dramatic, dog/cat owner, almost an empty nester, loves to travel, loves outdoors. All in all, I’d say the best overall gal I’ve come across that’s mutually interested.
Getting a women can be similar to getting your car fixed.
Pick two :laugh:.
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 9.44.34 AM.png

Latest posts

Back