Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous. I'd really like to get a mini-excavator myself, but just not really feasible to swing that right now. I'd have regular work for it with my buddy's land-clearing biz, but I just don't want to work that much lol.
don't be jealous!... but envious is ok!! ~ :yes:

You guys and the grill/smoking pics today are making me hungry, that's looking good :sweet:.
I tossed a split of HVBW into the wood stove today, I'm not sure why it's so valuable, my black locust does much better 😀.
i am still amazed at the Shooter's brisket other day... :numberone:

never done that! but i have done over 100 miles downhill in a jet... at about 450kts... din't take long at all! ;)

quite the bike ride!, for sure. i ride mine often. mite have that many miles in by now. couple day by day. so, is there a story behind such a ride! fix? that is amazing... and thru the rockies, too up to WA... 👍 many flats to fix roadside?

There is a sstretch of hiway one the Coqohalla (sp) just a few miles north of the US border in BC. traveled it many time in a car and measured it one. Goes from lowlaand to high mountan plateau. 23 miles with no letup on the grade 6% & 7% and IIRC a few stretches steeper. Often wondered what that would be like on a bicycle or longboard.

I finally got some time to cut some of the Oaks. The cutting is easy with the tops off the ground, getting the wood to the truck sucks w my back all jacked up. When I got there it didn't have my safety glasses, they were in my other truck. It was ok until the wind got up and sawdust got blown in my eyes. I cut as much as I could and went back home to get my wheelbarrow cause my back was hurting even with a back brace. The WB made it better, I'd park it near the logs and load it on my knees, push the wb to tailgate and toss the logs in the bed.
20230123_161923.jpg20230123_164910.jpg20230123_161941.jpg20230123_161923.jpg

I jacked my shoulder using my old maul a few weeks ago so I bought this splitting axe and it is great! I looked the Fiskers 36" and held it and felt to long and the $70 price was too much. I got this one saturday and I love it, It's lighter and feels better in my hands. Popped some of the big red oak logs that got a last week and it worked great.20230123_191417.jpg

I jacked my shoulder using my old maul a few weeks ago so I bought this splitting axe and it is great! I looked the Fiskers 36" and held it and felt to long and the $70 price was too much. I got this one and I love it. It's lighter and feels better in my hands. Popped some of the big red oak logs that got a last week and it worked great.View attachment 1051247
Nice I wondered about that one as it was next to the fiskars at HD, I ended up getting the x27 after a member let me try his. Sure beats the monster maul I was used to for my whole life.

Nice I wondered about that one as it was next to the fiskars at HD, I ended up getting the x27 after a member let me try his. Sure beats the monster maul I was used to for my whole life.
The Husky has a lifetime warranty, break it and get a new one free !

Latest posts

Back